Tmann's gardens

Reaction score
That sounds very strict, can't imagine living with those restrictions, Tmann.....where do you keep all the gardening tools and bits and pieces that one needs from time to time?

Just had another look at your photos...isn't that a childs play house in the next yard...how did they manage to get that built?

Reaction score
My neighborhood association will not allow sheds, greenhouses or playhouses.

I am glad I don't have a neighborhood association to deal with, would probably drive me crazy. I did find out that the new house that was just built was sold. I was over getting dirt and the builder's girlfriend was there cleaning up so I finally had a chance to ask permission to get rocks and dirt (all my neighbors I talked to when I did this before said the builder was really cool and wouldn't mind, but glad to have a chance to ask myself finally) and she told me that I would have new neighbors next week. Its a couple in their 50s, but the line she used that caught my attention is that "they are very particular", I don't think she could have said anything else that could potentionally clash with who I am, I go for the more unique and peculiar, lol. But at least there is the fence between and the only window in their house that faces mine is the bathroom so if my style doesn't fit their tastes, shouldn't be a problem. :) I would think most of the neighbors would like what you have done and enjoy the sounds from the pond and stream. Plus all the wildlife you must attract.

Reaction score
My neighborhood association will not allow sheds, greenhouses or playhouses.
what a bummer, they would have me booted out of the neighbourhood !! i need a shed and a greenhouse, could you have cold frames ? (like small glass boxes for growing in) my new greenhouse is only small as the wind smashed my old one up this winter, so i recycled what panels was left from it and made a smaller one ,ore like a large cold frame ! it is enough to grow maybe 3 tomatoe plants and 2 chilli plants, that will do me ! so do you have to keep all the gardening tools and mowers etc in the house ?

Reaction score
My Daughter and her family live in a neighborhood like that. They love it, keeps the riff-raff out. She keeps telling me of houses for sale there, I tell her we are the riff-raff you are trying to keep out .... lol

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments.

I keep everything in the garage, very well organized. That is a child's playhouse behind us. I don't think anyone has seen it or reported it to the association, it sits in the woods and you can't really see it except us neighbors. I am not going to report it unless they reported me for something. I didnt ask permission for the pond just did it. :)

j.w

Reaction score
So if you and your neighbor keep in good w/ each other they won't report you for the pond and you won't report them for the playhouse. Now if somebody else reports you both then oh boy look out! You'll prolly blame each other and the snitcher will go free!

Reaction score
The biggest problem I am concerned about is the kids in the neighborhood doing something to my pond, we have some trouble makers around here. We have vandals that have done damage to the pool and club house. That is why I'm thinking about installing a camera with DVr or one of those cameras that are motion activated and snaps a pic they are cheaper.

Reaction score
The biggest problem I am concerned about is the kids in the neighborhood doing something to my pond, we have some trouble makers around here. We have vandals that have done damage to the pool and club house. That is why I'm thinking about installing a camera with DVr or one of those cameras that are motion activated and snaps a pic they are cheaper.

I would think you would be ok for the pond since you have had it for 6 years. I would say if your worried about the kids, I would put up a privacy fence, but totally guessing you don't want the cost involved, or the problems of picking one that the association approves. I had problems with kids too, mostly my own, she kept running around to the front of the house when I tried to landscape, so I put the fence in to keep her in. :) But I did have trouble with neighborhood kids cutting through the yard, so I also wanted the fence for that. Didn't want anyone to trample on anything or fall in the fire pit during winter. The pond went in after the fence so didn't have to worry then. I would look at sams or online, but get something that has decent resolution or you won't see much either way. And you will probably want night vision, or you could try motion lights, might be an easier simpler solution.

j.w

Reaction score
I put up some signs when we left for Hawaii a few months ago saying This property under surveillance cuz we had some trouble w/ a kid around here. Never had anymore problems tho but a camera can't hurt and would make you feel better. We aren't supposed to have motion lights here that come on and off. No direct lighting so maybe tmann can't either. Would be horrible if they did something to the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you shop costco, watch their on line ads, quite often they have the dvr systems very cheap. I bought a q-see set up, easy to use and set up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We may need to be bribed to keep quite hmmm what kind of bribe should we ask for

Reaction score
I dug this pot into the side of the hill, put some kitty litter in it and am going to try and plant a water lotus in it and maybe something else.
P1030945.JPG

My irises are starting to bloom.
P1030940.JPG

P1030942.JPG

P1030943.JPG

Ask a Question