Tips of plant stalk drooping

Reaction score
On one of my recently bought Jasminum angulare some of the stalks have started drooping and look dark green. It kinda feels like broccoli when it gets rubbery. This particular plant had been rooted at the nursery I got it at. When I got it home I loosened a lot of the rootball and made sure to water it well. I water depending on the wetness of the soil. Am I watering too much? It's getting as much sun as I can give it. It's producing flowers. I've been giving it a mix of Super thrive and miracle grow once a week. It's in a planter... Did i do something wrong when I replanted it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
On one of my recently bought Jasminum angulare some of the stalks have started drooping and look dark green. It kinda feels like broccoli when it gets rubbery. This particular plant had been rooted at the nursery I got it at. When I got it home I loosened a lot of the rootball and made sure to water it well. I water depending on the wetness of the soil. Am I watering too much? It's getting as much sun as I can give it. It's producing flowers. I've been giving it a mix of Super thrive and miracle grow once a week. It's in a planter... Did i do something wrong when I replanted it?
Is there a large temperature variation involved? Also I think I would stop the SuperThrive at least for awhile. This sounds like transplant shock to me. And I wish you would use an organic fertilizer like HastaGro instead of chemical miracle grow

Reaction score
It did get all cloudy and slightly cool for the past few days. Kinda looks and feels like it wants to rain but mother nature is constipated or something. I'll stop the superthrive for a while and look into some organic fertilizer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It did get all cloudy and slightly cool for the past few days. Kinda looks and feels like it wants to rain but mother nature is constipated or something. I'll stop the superthrive for a while and look into some organic fertilizer.
How long have you had the plants and when did this start

Reaction score
I've had this plant for about a week. I noticed it a few days after and was hoping it would kinda go away after it got settled in. but it's still there so I was wondering if I was potentially not doing something, did something, or still doing it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've had this plant for about a week. I noticed it a few days after and was hoping it would kinda go away after it got settled in. but it's still there so I was wondering if I was potentially not doing something, did something, or still doing it.
It's impossible to say for sure. As long as you are not overwatering it, are keeping it out of winds, extreme temp changes and abrupt humidity changes there isn't much you can do. SuperThrive is amazing stuff and if you have given it in the proper amount that should have fixed things. Being in intense afternoon sunlight might be a detriment but really about all you can do is just wait and see if it adapts to its new home. It seems as if you are doing everything right.

Reaction score
The use of organic fertilizers is really a good idea but as you said that they are getting cloudy, so you should be careful before choosing a fertilizer, because choosing a wrong one may harm it seriously.

Ask a Question