Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I had bought some marigold seeds online and of the lot,sadly
marigold.JPG
just one germinated. I carefully nurtured it not expecting any results as the sapling looked weak. But it did not disappoint me. It gave out beautiful flowers.

This plant is no more but I carefully collected the seeds and I am happy to say I will now have marigolds for posterity

001.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's the thing about seeds. Some packets have 20, some have 500, but even if you only get only one seed to grow, it's still a better deal than paying for a grown plant.

Very nice, by the way! and that plant with the thorns terrifies me! :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Buying seeds is like buying lottery tickets;)
Your marigold looks really pretty and healthy. It's great that you managed to colect more seeds:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One year my marigolds were just amazing, healthy and bushy. So at the end of the season, I collected the seeds from them and replanted them the following year. They came out just fantastic, but then slowly just disappeared. I just bought some new seeds and can't wait to see if these seeds are as good.

Your look wonderful and healthy!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
One year my marigolds were just amazing, healthy and bushy. So at the end of the season, I collected the seeds from them and replanted them the following year. They came out just fantastic, but then slowly just disappeared. I just bought some new seeds and can't wait to see if these seeds are as good.

Your look wonderful and healthy!
Flowers always do the disappearing act and we have to start the ball rolling all over again (lol)

Reaction score
I love marigolds, they're beautiful plants :) We had several of those, he used to plant a lot edibles, he said marigolds scared away some unwanted pests. I don't remember which ones, but my dad swore by it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have to agree that that plant with the thorns is terrifying. It looks like something I would keep hurting myself on. However, that marigold plant will continue to be beautiful. I planted a whole flower garden of seeds and we are doing a waiting game. I'm getting a little ansty.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Out of a whole packet of seeds, i've only got one Mariglod left, rougue snail in the greenhouse :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Buying seeds is like buying lottery tickets;)
Your marigold looks really pretty and healthy. It's great that you managed to colect more seeds:)

I have to be careful now to keep on planting lest they should disappear.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have to agree that that plant with the thorns is terrifying. It looks like something I would keep hurting myself on. However, that marigold plant will continue to be beautiful. I planted a whole flower garden of seeds and we are doing a waiting game. I'm getting a little ansty.

That is one kind of euphorbia. I multiplied several from one plant. They have been there since the last few years and have behaved themselves. :)
Marigolds will yield. Yes. Patience is the name of the game :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I love marigolds, they're beautiful plants :) We had several of those, he used to plant a lot edibles, he said marigolds scared away some unwanted pests. I don't remember which ones, but my dad swore by it.
I too have heard about marigolds chasing away pests.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've planted another packet :D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The packet of Marigold seeds I had have not produced one plant. It was an old packet so it seems they are all dried up.

Ask a Question