Flower bulbs by leaves alone

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I’m finding bulbs I didn’t know were there, and some I hadn’t seen even the leaves before. So I’ve got no clue what some of these are. Can you folks help ID them? They grow in clusters like daffodils, but the tip is rounded, and they are bigger.

Attachments

• D63F1E11-2B1F-4816-8D19-4D750D4ED133.jpeg
    D63F1E11-2B1F-4816-8D19-4D750D4ED133.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
did you say your new to this property? thought I recalled that from an earlier question of yours. anyway. just wait and be surprised.

LoL. I have 100,000. bulbs that come up. who ever buys my house after I am gone will certainly be in for months and months of surprises.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It was my step moms, we are buying it from her estate cause my step brother wants to move. So I’ve been here throughout the seasons, just hadn’t seen these plants before.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I dug a bunch up so they won’t get mowed. Big bulbs, about baseball sized, for the bigger bulbs. Allium? Looked a lot like an onion, but they were spreading lime on the field over, so I can’t hardly smell. I now have a 30 gal tote of them. From what I read on allium, they like full sun. My step brother said there was naked lady lillies over there. Maybe?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Did some more research, looks like it may well be lycoris squamigera, also known as naked lady, resurrection lilly. Images of bulbs and leaves match. Notorious for not blooming every year. Especially after transplant.

Ask a Question