Kloned Klein from TX

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I'm hoping to provide useful info and receive some for myself. I've been growing for many years, but have recently began cloning my peach trees because they are the sweetest peaches I've ever had. This year looks like a good harvest. Lots of rain and very rich soil from my feeding the earth my organics.

I have 7 cats to keep my yard free of predators, but only 1 stays outside on a regular basis and she does bring home a gift, in the form of a rabbit or bird on a regular basis. It's the natural way to keep the population under control.

Finding a ton of slugs this year and some are HUGE! Like 4" long and fat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow Klein welcome! I didn't even know you could do such a thing. How big do peach trees get?

Reaction score
Country
United States
10 - 12 feet in diameter this season. Here is last years pic... sorry, not a great one, but, I don't know where I put all my photos. I'll take more soon. We had already harvested some off this tree.

20140622_150651.jpg
20140622_151624.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I'm hoping to provide useful info and receive some for myself. I've been growing for many years, but have recently began cloning my peach trees because they are the sweetest peaches I've ever had. This year looks like a good harvest. Lots of rain and very rich soil from my feeding the earth my organics.

I have 7 cats to keep my yard free of predators, but only 1 stays outside on a regular basis and she does bring home a gift, in the form of a rabbit or bird on a regular basis. It's the natural way to keep the population under control.

Finding a ton of slugs this year and some are HUGE! Like 4" long and fat!
What varieties are you growing? I have Melba, Sam Houston and June Gold. How are you propagating them? Air layering or cuttings?

Reaction score
Country
United States
What varieties are you growing? I have Melba, Sam Houston and June Gold. How are you propagating them? Air layering or cuttings?

Hey Chuck... You know, my mother gave me all the fruit trees we originally planted and I've actually forgotten the variety. Here in TX, there are so many varieties. I'll have to get with her and try to see if she remembers. She's in bad health now and I don't even know if she'll remember herself. :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Peaches!! What we get here are not worth giving them that name. Atleast I will get to see real, rich, rewarding pictures of peaches, resulting from your research.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Reaction score
Hello there and welcome to the forum!!! Glad to have you here! Looking forward to your posts :) Both your peaches and your cats look adorable :) I have one cat too, but he lives only indoors, mostly because one f our neighbors is a complete psycho and I fear for the security of my cat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranTastic

Latest Threads