Meet the clones

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a
Country
Canada
Moon is in Pisces right now which is an excellent sign for propagating plants.
Here is some I created today,
Cuban Oregano
Dark Red Geraniums
Hot Pink Geraniums

Hoping to get a good success rate, I did use some root stimulator.

IMG_20170226_141256_095.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I also started geranium cuttings, but a week ago. Successfully. Not all, is one of the experiment. But if the moon is in Pisces ... Tomorrow I shall cut the others.

IMG_3703.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I know I could Google but prefer it in your own words.

What the heck does moon in Pisces have to do with propagating plants? And is there peer-reviewed scientific evidence for this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Have you not heard of western astrology @Beth_B ? or the zodiac associated with same? Some people do garden by the position of the moon. I do not garden by the western zodiac, but i do some gardening by the position of the moon.
For example, during a full moon i plant seeds (not always, though) and during the new moon i tend to transplant already established plants. Many allopathic surgeons will try to schedule surgeries as close to the new moon as possible, unless it is an emergency, because there is less bleeding. I have a friend who is an anesthetist and did his residency at the Harlem hospital in New York City. He told me he always knew when the moon was full just by looking at the ER...blood everywhere and stretchers lined up in the hallways. The tides are higher during a full moon and the blood pressure of humans is accelerated. Possibly this goes for the rest of life on the planet as well. The new moon is the opposite, decelerated. You may not like it but many people do garden by the zodiac and position of the moon. It is an ancient practice. Every gardener has their own way of gardening.;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@GarethSun when the Oregono and Geraniums root, will you be able to plant them in the soil, or will you grow them in containers? I love Red Geraniums, i love the fragrance of Red Geraniums, and look forward to seeing them blooming.:) I wonder why i have never grown them? Well now you have put the idea in my head, maybe i just might do that this year. I have limited space, but i am sure i can fit a geranium in somewhere:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a
Country
Canada
Well based from a scientific point, you could say that it is new moon, which means greater pull on the water on the earth, by the celestial spheres of the sun and the moon
I'm sure that happens with all water on the planet, even the water in plants. It stimulates upward growth, because there is more of a pull upwards.
It's something that I have been learning about, to use different techniques and elements, aligning with the planets to produce healthier plants.

@Beverly yes I am keeping them in containers. I'll need all the garden space I can get to grow food for this season :)
But these geraniums will be beautiful in a coloured container sitting on the garden table i'm sure :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh of course I've heard of that. ;)

But as I said, I'm only persuaded by scientifically based evidence, not myth or anecdotes. Anecdotes are not data. My ex was (is) a doctor and would tell you the old saw about emergency rooms being more full during full moons is bullshit.

And it is. Give me scientific, peer-reviewed proof it isn't and I may believe. Like I said, I am persuaded by science and hard data, not alternative "facts."

So show me data. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a
Country
Canada
I do not wish to persuade you from your beliefs.
I just do what feels right to me :)
And hope you do what feels right to you :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I thought bleeding was good sign, fast your wound will close and heal.

It depends on persons blood like fibrinogen, platelets, ions, blood pressure, type of wound etc.

Surgeon check clotting time before operating on someone, or one will bleed to death on the OT table.

Gravity pull might affect plant more, as they dont have heart to pump fluid around.

But there are more important factors to consider like moisture content of air, cohesive force of water, vascular CS, height of plant, transpiration, ions conc. temp etc

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
So show me data. ;)

When I worked on the mushroom farm we used to get called in to help the pickers around full moon, the little blighters being 90 odd per cent water used to grow twice as fast :rolleyes:

Ask a Question