Something to do when it's raining.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Well that's easily fixed for today being as it's wet and damp yet again :mad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks i was wondering about how he'd put the glue on because he has trouble with his fingers, he has MS and finds it difficult putting the sticky pads on.That's why i do most of it, i started off just cutting everything out, now i put the pictures on the front and most of the decoupage. He finds the verses and the inserts on his pc.

My wife has had MS for decades, she has limited feeling in her fingers and one leg, she's permanently on crutches.
She says working with tiny pairs of scissors, making similar cuts in paper, keeps her hands working.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
My wife has had MS for decades, she has limited feeling in her fingers and one leg, she's permanently on crutches.
She says working with tiny pairs of scissors, making similar cuts in paper, keeps her hands working.
Sean hows your wife otherwise?...I bet she can't wait for the weather to pick up :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Sean hows your wife otherwise?...I bet she can't wait for the weather to pick up :)

Thanks for asking, she has other medical problems, she's on high doses of dihydrocodeine. But remains cheerful, she doesn't get out much but has a nice view of the garden from her chair in the lounge with all her card and costume jewellery making kit close at hand.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for asking, she has other medical problems, she's on high doses of dihydrocodeine. But remains cheerful, she doesn't get out much but has a nice view of the garden from her chair in the lounge with all her card and costume jewellery making kit close at hand.
Sean it will be better for her when the spring starts hopefully as you said she sits by your main doors looking out...it must be lovely for her as you've got a beautiful garden and I've always admired it but at least your wife keeps her mind occupied and the best thing to do :)

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Gail
I only send to my brothers, sister in law and hubby's uncle and aunt. But have to give to the 19 neaghbours in the close, they get the nice but cheap cards.:D
Well the reason I said the neighbours, is because with the family it's only hubbies two kids who never bother but like the money and the same goes for the grandkids :whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with decoupage cards is that you can't put a 2nd class stamp on most. To post one costs me nearly £1, as they are too thick to go through the thin slot of the guide at the Post Ofice. If as a few are, it's a "boxed" card (my wife makes the boxes too) it's £2.95. Fortunately, most of those we send out at Christmas are to local friends and neighbours, I stick them through the recipient's letter-box myself. We send a birthday and a Christmas card to an old inernet messageboard friend of mine who lives in the Netherlands. It cost me £6.20 this year and as usual took three weeks to get there.

Ask a Question