Something is eating the leafs of my plum tree.

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone!

I have a little tree in my garden (I've been told it's a plum tree) and since a few weeks I'm noticing that the leafs are in pretty bad shape, like something is eating them, but today I checked them closely and I couldn't find any insects besides ONE microscopic green caterpillar. I've been reading that in this case it could be birds and that a net would help. Since the tree is pretty small I'm gonna try that, but I was wondering if there is some kind of natural "home remedy" I could spray the leafs with just in case.

Thank you!

IMG_5045.jpg IMG_5046.jpg IMG_5047.jpg IMG_5052.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I have a little tree in my garden (I've been told it's a plum tree) and since a few weeks I'm noticing that the leafs are in pretty bad shape, like something is eating them, but today I checked them closely and I couldn't find any insects besides ONE microscopic green caterpillar. I've been reading that in this case it could be birds and that a net would help. Since the tree is pretty small I'm gonna try that, but I was wondering if there is some kind of natural "home remedy" I could spray the leafs with just in case.

Thank you!

View attachment 38141 View attachment 38142 View attachment 38143 View attachment 38144
You need to spray the tree with either a spinosad based insect/worm killer or a Bt (Bacillus thuringensis) worm killer. They are both organic and are harmless to people and pets. There is no effective home remedy for worms/caterpillars.

Ask a Question