Some of my labor saving tips

Reaction score
No I hadn't heard that the use of coca cola being an accelerator.I can't see it working though being only sugar and caffeine unless one of the secret :cool: ingredients is an enzyme.o_O You can buy products that do accelerate compost. We have one called actyzyme which comes in a pellet form and is used to reduce drain smells and help break things down. You probably have an equivalent compost accelerator available in your country.
http://www.actizyme.com.au/compost-accelertor/

I will look for this. With the coca cola it is something to do with all of the acid in the products that help with the break down. I will have to look it up and post the link. :)

Reaction score
I was thinking of connecting a rain collecting barrel to a drip hose for watering vegetables ans such, anyone had experience using rain collection systems? I get a lot of rain where I live, so it seems practical.

Reaction score
I have wanted a timer or a drip irrigation system for YEARS!

Unfortunately, the back faucet leaks, and I cannot replace it because the joint is inside the back wall. I keep thinking that I will figure out a solution, but it hasn't happened yet. Reducing the effort I put into watering is the next logical step, as I have to water a good deal in the middle of summer. I should give it some serious thought this year.
If your faucet is leaking from the spout you may be able to change the washer seals inside without having to remove the faucet itself. You could also go to the hardware store and get one of those splitter things that allow 2 hoses to connect to 1 faucet. They come with on/off valves for each hose so you could turn off the water with no leaks. These ideas only work if the faucet is leaking from the spout although if it's leaking through the handle, replacing the washer/seals may still work. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
After all these amazing tips, I feel kind of silly posting this. Mow your grass in a different direction each week. I don't know why but it stays shorter for longer and it seems to grow thicker. I know all the pros probably know this, but for any newbie gardeners out there.

Reaction score
After all these amazing tips, I feel kind of silly posting this. Mow your grass in a different direction each week. I don't know why but it stays shorter for longer and it seems to grow thicker. I know all the pros probably know this, but for any newbie gardeners out there.
I've no idea how that could work and never have heard it before but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Reaction score

I had no idea about this. Going to have to tell hubby!

Ask a Question