Snails are killing everything

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's where my plants were that got demolished by snails. I live in a tropical city. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You're right. It wasn't smart of me to surrender like that. I made some changes. Instead of gardening in the ground where snails have access to everything, I made a cool spot and started container gardening. My pomagranet tree owns that garden spot now.

Oh good for you. Don't let the bastards get you down. Illegitimus non carborundum (in Latin). :) You are more than a match for dumb snails.

And I am also jealous of your temperate climate and juicy soil!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
You don't have to be jealous of the soil. I bought it from Home Depot. :)

I really wish the snails didn't take over that area. Maybe I can plant things that snails don't like there?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You don't have to be jealous of the soil. I bought it from Home Depot. :)

I really wish the snails didn't take over that area. Maybe I can plant things that snails don't like there?
Snails love everything but dry soils. If it isn't damp on top they think they are in a desert.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Thank you. I'll do that today. Will planting a tree too deep effect fruit production? I'm asking because I want to learn more about properly caring for trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you. I'll do that today. Will planting a tree too deep effect fruit production? I'm asking because I want to learn more about properly caring for trees.
Yes and planting too deep will weaken the tree and eventually kill it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Done.

I didn't mulch because I don't have mulch.
You need to remove a little more dirt until you can see the flare. It is still covered up. Looks like maybe another 2 inches. It looks like your bowl is deep enough. You can probably use a water hose to remove the soil from around the flare

Ask a Question