Frogs reduce snails and slugs

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Attract frogs to your garden to reduce the snails and slugs in your garden. This little container can help to attract the frogs.

upload_2015-2-22_9-42-38.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Whoa, whoa..this is so pretty and such a good idea to create a little pond to keep the frog! I am going to try this as soon as the weather is warm enough. We have plenty of slugs walking our yard!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad you like it. I am going to put several through out my yard to get the little buggers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I guess I shouldn't worry about the mosquitoes breeding in them because of the frogs, right? Mosquitoes are the reason I can't be outside for a long time in the summer. They take all the fun out of being in the garden.

Will my cats kill the frogs?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love this little container! It looks so pretty!:D It's like a tiny pond. Frogs are adorable creatures, I'd definitely want them to live in my future garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I guess I shouldn't worry about the mosquitoes breeding in them because of the frogs, right? Mosquitoes are the reason I can't be outside for a long time in the summer. They take all the fun out of being in the garden.

Will my cats kill the frogs?

This was my first concern also. I do love the look tho.
Maybe a little bigger pot with a very small fountain pump would work to keep the skeeters at bey.

Reaction score
Beautiful! This is a beautiful idea! I totally love it, it looks just like the pond of my neighbors! But a very tiny version! I personally love froggies! They're such an interesting creatures, I remember being so excited when I found one in the garden. It was so slimy and was so jumpy, lol. Cool creatures.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've been thinking about attracting more frogs to the garden. My one problem with this is that frog song in the evening drives me nuts! It sounds like a bunch of ducks quacking! I do want a pond though, and I've thought of raising mosquito fish, but I understand even those can get out of control.

For now I am planning on doing this:
2862f6fa0b2b0a75a89a451752c6418b.jpg

It's a DIY toad house. Find out more here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/321796335849867141/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh that little mini pond looks nice! I don't mind the frog songs at night since I grew up to them haha. It's better white noise than TV imo. But yeah I'd prolly put in a small pump just to prevent attracting mosquitoes since I'm highly allergic to them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's really pretty! I might have to try making one once the snow melts away. I had a problem with snails last summer eating all of my strawberries. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kind of makes me want to go down to the local swamp and catch some frogs. They would not be for me, as I do not really live in a place conducive to garden, but I know that I have friends who have to deal with snails. I have always liked catching frogs too, and that would bring back some good memories.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Snails can sometimes be disgusting whenever they enter your rooms. I have never known that frogs can reduce them or stop their multiplication. What I don't like about frogs its their noise and the fact that the can multiply very quickly. I think that the method is preferable since you get to avoid the use of chemicals.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Who said that you can't build a quick and easy little pond. That is a great idea not only to attract frogs but even as a decoration peace. Thank you for sharing.

Ask a Question