Disease, watering issue, or snails?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a datil pepper plant a couple months ago and potted it about a month ago. At the beginning, it was green and had a lot of blooms but now the leaves are falling off, turning brown, and the stems are turning brown. I've found snails on a few of the leaves which would explain the holes in the leaves but shouldn't cause the plant to be dying. We've been getting a lot of rain but the water didn't seem to staying the soil very long so I changed out the soil this morning from a grainy soil to some compost but I'm worried it may be diseased. Any ideas?
IMG_3373.jpg
IMG_3374.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I bought a datil pepper plant a couple months ago and potted it about a month ago. At the beginning, it was green and had a lot of blooms but now the leaves are falling off, turning brown, and the stems are turning brown. I've found snails on a few of the leaves which would explain the holes in the leaves but shouldn't cause the plant to be dying. We've been getting a lot of rain but the water didn't seem to staying the soil very long so I changed out the soil this morning from a grainy soil to some compost but I'm worried it may be diseased. Any ideas?
View attachment 40554 View attachment 40555
See those black patches on the stems? That's an indicator of root rot caused staying too wet.

Ask a Question