finally cured of the life-long disease of over-watering

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thanks to @Chuck and his persistence regarding problems associated with over-watering. I am finally cured. I didn't think it was possible, but it is true. For the last few months, i have been looking at photos of plants in distress and reading Chuck's responses. I had two night-blooming Jasmine growing that seemed to always need watering. I could not give them enough. They were losing leaves that had turned yellow. One died, but one has survived. I cut them both back severely and one is growing back very nicely. There are no yellowing leaves and the plant seems to be thriving. It gets droopy in the afternoon sun. I ignore it. I also started using the water meter gauge again to check before i water most plants. I think about all the plants i have lost in the past and believe that 90% of them have been lost due to over-watering. So thank you Chuck for your persistence. It took about 3 months for the cure to take hold. My garden thanks you too. This is a major step forward for me, a break-though moment in the way i garden. (y)

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I was guilty of over-watering in the past myself but I learnt my lesson the hard way.

So glad you have it all sorted and your garden is blooming again; it's always good to ask for help and listen to others experts advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
over watering can cause damping off . I am facing it in summer...seems due to summer we all think water needs more water..n end up in issue. Read the article, some gardeners shared their experience on tackling damping off.

ziskasun

A seed once sown never dies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Can anyone please recommend a good watering gauge? I would need something cheap that can go in each individual pot because I mostly do container gardening. I find that my plants get overwatered easily. Sometimes family members think they're helping and they will water, not knowing I already did it, or it rains just after I watered.

Ask a Question