So Excited to See Buds Finally!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I thought this day would never come.... a friend gave me a pot with a four foot high wisteria in it, which I put into the ground three years ago.
FB_IMG_1491083808254.jpg
Every year I looked at new leaves, thinking they were somehow buds, but they never were. Two weeks ago all I thought I saw was leaf buds, but today there's a world of difference. It's covered in buds! I think based on them being fuzzy and it twining clockwise that it's a Japanese Wisteria. Of course no idea what color it will be, but I'm assuming purple/lavendar. Just praying it will hide the neighbor's shed from my view!
FB_IMG_1491083986209.jpg

20170401_142243.jpg

20170401_142420.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Congratulations! I love Wisteria but it can't withstand the winters up here. There are a few people that have managed to grow it but the trees will never bloom for them and the blooms are why I love it.

Fuzzygreenery

The Noodle Hamster
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
So nice to see how much the wait pays off! Congrats on your flower buds :D I hope they do well while blooming. Hopefully I can start planting some of my own trees soon.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations! That's what I'm looking for as well, buds. I bought a tiny plant 4 years ago and it is still more or less bald. I raise a lot from seeds and have found that they are very tough and over winter very well .. but S L O W !

PS: It might be a good idea to layer some branches as it will give the plant another source of nutrients..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! So happy for you:p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:;) ... Gorgeous flowers.. I am still a waity waity .. :cry::cry:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour's wisteria is starting to put on a brilliant show on top and over a wall here.
Like Robin's display......worth the wait Robin :)

Ask a Question