Finally A Planting Day

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I'd been way too long, things had gotten sideways o_O

Finally had a planting day yesterday.

About 33 Types of Annual / Perennial Flowers and a few Vegetables.

Zinnia, Cosmos, Snap Dragon, Bachelor Button, Globe Amaranth, Aster. Lupine, Marigold, English Daisy, Larkspur, Babys Breath, Calendula, Forget Me Not....
Some water wise ... Moss Rose, CA Poppy's, CA Blue Bells, Gaillardia, Salvia...
About 6 Vegetables, some beans, peas, onions, peppers...

Minimum of 6 - maximum of 12 plantings of any one particular plant.
All seed
288 total pockets planted (4 - 72 pocket trays)

It was good to get back at it. :)

Looking to do the front row in herbs within the next week or two.

Getting a jump on Spring

ry%3D480

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good work! (y) Sounds like your garden is going to look beautiful next year!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I like your choice of flowers Greenhorn. (y) I wish I could start some off now, but light levels are to low at this time of year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sounds like fun:) I love buying seeds and planting them. There is nothing more exciting than watching tiny plants grow:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, I'm envious of people having the luxury of time as to engage in a planting day. During weekends, my husband would be tinkering in the garden, repotting some plants or planting some seeds for possible giveaways to friends. And me? I'm a slave to my dogs during weekend, that is the time I can give them a good bath and grooming. But sometimes I also indulge in planting... when my mood permits me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Me and my dog JohnWayne (in the avatar) went for a nice walk first thing that morning. I love to take my dog for walks and weekends are usually the best time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Sounds like a beautiful mix you've got going on there. What a productive planting day you had! Have you grown those varieties before, or is this a new venture to try out some new plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also love your pick of flower types! You got me excited for spring when winter hasn't even hit yet, can't wait :) Your garden will be the talk of the neighborhood for sure.

Reaction score
How fun! It sounds like someone is getting ready for the next year already (it's around the corner already, really). I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your garden next year :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I've done this big flower planting the last couple of years. Come Spring (late Feb - Early Mar) everybody goes outside. Some in bowls and planters, some go into a big flower bed, some are given away.

I love Zinnia's, Bachelor Buttons, Cosmo's. Asters, Calendula, Snap Dragon, Pin Cushions Stock, Bay's Breath... for my bowls and beds. They all look beautiful and most you can cut.

Ask a Question