Is it even snails anymore? Pictures!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
This damage happened in the day. Before leaving for a few hours, I checked my plants, and everything was fine. After coming back. I see this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Can be snails..... but if it's sunny then it's diffcult to say snails...might be cabbage worm? check the backside of leaves....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can be snails..... but if it's sunny then it's diffcult to say snails...might be cabbage worm? check the backside of leaves....
One of two things. Caterpillars or grasshoppers, probably grasshoppers and if so not a thing you can do about it. But just to be on the safe side spray with spinosad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Chuck, thank you so much. You don't know how much this has been bugging me. I was so frustrated because I had no clue what was eating my plants. I tried everything to get rid of the snails. It looks like it was grasshoppers also.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Since one part of me is still in denial. How can I find a grasshopper eating my plants? Is there any grasshopper trap I can make? If I could find one grasshopper I will know my problem. I just don't know if it's fully grasshoppers. The bite marks on the leaves look very suspicious of grasshoppers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Since one part of me is still in denial. How can I find a grasshopper eating my plants? Is there any grasshopper trap I can make? If I could find one grasshopper I will know my problem. I just don't know if it's fully grasshoppers. The bite marks on the leaves look very suspicious of grasshoppers.
There is nothing you can do about grasshoppers except cover the plant with shade cloth and even then they will crawl under. Grasshoppers are transient. They will fly in from a long distance, have a bite or two and then fly off somewhere else to chew on something else. Even if you sprayed something the next bunch will come in and have a bite or two. You might help your neighbor a block or two away but that doesn't help you any. the good news is, is that they don't stay in the area very long. But still, spray with spinosad to make sure it isn't someone else having a free meal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
One of two things. Caterpillars or grasshoppers, probably grasshoppers and if so not a thing you can do about it. But just to be on the safe side spray with spinosad.

Yeah not cabbage worm , caterpillar, my mistake Thank you Chuck for correction

Ask a Question