Snails are killing everything

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
If you give up in any area of life, the opportunity cost is becoming an expert in that area. Don't resign at the appearance of difficulties. The best solution to dispense with snails is to place a bowl of alcohol in a depression dug into the soil. Its funny but snails love alcohol and will fall into the bowl and drown. Good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Even though I don't have a snail or slug problem, I really learned a lot from everyone! I assumed that the eggshells and beer were some of the top methods because I've heard several people sing their praises. I guess they didn't have an infestation, either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
It might be a heavy chore for you but what we do is to gather snails before dusk or early morning. Those are the times that those slugs get out of their hiding places to move to their target. After collecting the snails in a bucket, we use a hammer or a piece of stone to pound on the shells of the snails. They will be mixed with the soil to serve as fertilizer. That is one way of getting even with them, at least those enemies become beneficial to the gardener.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good luck with the snails and slugs. I have been getting slugs in the house on the lower level after a heavy rain. At first I picked them up and put they outside now I have a bag of salt that I use to just kill them to get rid of them. One night I had 4 slugs to dispose of yeck.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I haven't updated you guys yet. I think I finally got a solution for the snails...copper tape! I was very skeptical at first, but as I was really desperate for a solution, I tried it...and I think it's working! I wrapped around the pots with a line of the tape. I don't see any further damage. I also transplanted my melons yesterday with a plastic guard lined with the tape. I went out to check today, and no damage to be found!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to hear copper has worked for you! I've heard mixed reports, so I'm glad to hear it has indeed helped.

Ask a Question