Seed Catalogs

Reaction score
LOL my list gets to be huge when I am looking all doe eyed at the wonderful plants and seeds in the catalogs..... then reality sits in and I have to pick and choose!

Know exactly what you mean - I'm initially quite good - when choosing and ordering my seeds and have actually planned in advance what I want and where everything is going to go, but somewhere along the way, this method goes out the window and its only when a voice from behind me says " where on earth are you going to put all of that lot " that I realize I've got carried away again and have to start crossing things off my list, which is really, really hard to do :D

Zigs - Oh how I would love to be bombarded with seed catalogs :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Know exactly what you mean - I'm initially quite good - when choosing and ordering my seeds and have actually planned in advance what I want and where everything is going to go, but somewhere along the way, this method goes out the window and its only when a voice from behind me says " where on earth are you going to put all of that lot " that I realize I've got carried away again and have to start crossing things off my list, which is really, really hard to do :D

Order something from the Chiltern Seed company, i'm sure they'll send you the catalog too

Reaction score
I really enjoy getting the seed catalogs and get as many as I can without causing injury to the mail carrier. I've gotten some terrific ideas from them although I don't always use them in my current garden space. I have created a number of fantasy gardens as a way to kill some of the more miserable winter days whe ,n I'm stuck in the house due to the weather.

Reaction score
Order something from the Chiltern Seed company, i'm sure they'll send you the catalog too

Many thanks, and although I'm very grateful for your suggestion, have never been very happy with Chilton seeds, so will have to try and live without being bombarded with bumper sized plant and seed catalogs :D and like a few of you have already mentioned, prefer to use the smaller lesser known seed suppliers, whose seeds I know will germinate every time, which in reality is most probably why I never receive catalogs, even though the amount of postage I normally have to pay - is extraordinarily high.

headfullofbees - you made me chuckle - have to admit I've looked at ' realseeds' site quite a few times, and found that many of their descriptions make a very amusing read :)

Reaction score

LOL out loud. My wallet screams at me... duh hello! You can't afford this and then I start trimming it down.

Reaction score
I really enjoy getting the seed catalogs and get as many as I can without causing injury to the mail carrier. I've gotten some terrific ideas from them although I don't always use them in my current garden space. I have created a number of fantasy gardens as a way to kill some of the more miserable winter days whe ,n I'm stuck in the house due to the weather.

Yes it is nice to have them to browse through. Have you ever actually created any of the gardens that you have planned out? Would love to see pictures.

Ask a Question