Re-Potting a White Bird of Paradise!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been re-potting several White Birds of Paradise today, and everything went well! until the Last and unfortunately the Best Plant! These are fairly new from the Nursery, only had them about a Month. Doing the transplants, I just placed the whole pail & Plant, inside the New Container with soil, and then cut the Nursery Containers off . But on the last one! the dirt ball fell pretty much apart! as I pulled off the plastic pail! I put the plant in the Middle, and just covered it with Soil, and everything seems OK! ....but I wanted to ask the experts! what you thought about that Incident! and will it affect the grow!

Reaction score
Country
United States
From what you say, the plant should be fine. Make sure the plant is stable and upright in the pot and that there are no large, empty spaces around the roots. Water the plant in and all should be well.

Cultivated White Bird-of-Paradise is usually Strelitzia nicolai. However there are two other species of Strelitzia with white flowers: S. alba and S. caudata. All species of Stelitzia are native to parts of southern Africa.

Last edited:

Ask a Question