Chinese evergreen spotting problem

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I’m having trouble with my Chinese evergreen. The leaves are developing brown/ orange spots. I am recently new to plant care and have been using a neem oil solution but am not sure what is wrong with it. I cut off a yellowing leaf recently and it looks like this please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 55
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Other than losing the oldest leaf, something they do naturally, your plant looks fine. It seems a little over-potted though.
How long has it been in that pot?
How do you decide when and how much to water?
Does the pot have a drain hole in the bottom?

If you look at the leaf that you cut off, you can see some bumps toward the tip. This is edema. It is caused by being wet with high humidity and cool temperature. It’s not something that spreads unless conditions repeat. The prevention is keep it warm and moist, not soggy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Other than losing the oldest leaf, something they do naturally, your plant looks fine. The bumps you see are edema, a response to low temps, moist soil and high humidity. If you change one of those, you fix the issue. The bumps will remain but not get worse.

My first post didn’t post, so I tried a new one.

Ask a Question