Programmes To Watch

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am catching up with Therese Desqueyroux .. Watched it before. Wonder if I will feel differently watching it again. Therese is too selfish and self-obsessed any way ..

Change my mind. She's not worth it. She set fire to the pine forest to make a statement, which might have killed people.. No, not worth it.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
About a marriage made, like an alliance, so that all the pine trees come under the name of Desqueyroux. Therese's best friend is her husband's sister who fall in love with a free love, free spirit person. Therese intervenes to try to act as a go between. In the end, she fell in love with the man who actually doesn't love her best friend or her. Therese feels stifled in the marriage and sets fire to some pine trees. Any way, the husband finally lets her go, seeing how she suffers .. All very self-obsessed. She went to Paris to look for a new life.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
TONIGHT
Bbc2 9pm A Time To Live. Documentary
Imagine being told you how a terminal illness and just months to live. The 12 people featured. That's the unthinkable truth they have been forced to face up to.

Bbc4 9pm Michael Mosley v Superbugs
From MRSA and E Coli to TB and Pneumonia, more and more bacterial infections are becoming resistant to antibiotics. Hundreds of people in Britain are dying every year from these conditions and experts have warned that by 2050, resistance to antibiotics could cost 10 million lives a year worldwide.Michael Mosley examines the causes of this alarming crisis and meets the''resistance hunters'' attempting to find new ways to battle bacteria.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, crumbs! Terminal illnesses! I read in the papers that some left their partners, some travel and one trying to find a new mum for her kids. Just how do you cope with such a terrible piece of news!

I will download that one. All to do with intensive farming .. Must move quickly to get a hen coop and find a place to call home. Now all my pots are all over the lawn to catch rain water...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
In the RT, one woman left her husband, but the marriage was nearly over. So she left him.

Doctor's give out antibiotics when they know they won't work. Like with a cold or a sore throat.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Can you blame her?

Don't think doctors will do that now, but you never know... Catching up with health truth or scare.. vitamin D and the sun..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Not long ago i know somebody round here went to doctor with a sore throat, he gave her antibiotics and said, they might work or not.:)

We get vitamin D from the sun, but we don't get enough in this country. Have to have it in foods. They say if we use a sun screen we can't absorb the vit D. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watching Little Boy Blue! It's about the murder of Rhys Jones. So emotional and so sad. Terrifying that some scumbags breed more scumbags. The brat even boasted that he answered no comment to his own name. Remind me of my ...

I think if you walk your dog in the afternoon sun, it will be fine. Also the exercise of walking dogs is actually very good. I'm off to bed now. Good night.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it's terrible when things like that happen. What about Ian Brady, he wants his ashes scattered on the moors, where he's murdered those children. They found it hard to get a under taker to cremate him. I would have just buried him in a unmarked grave somewhere. Goodnight. Speak to you in the morning.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Did he expressedly say so? He had the cheek. For people like him, they should just let him spend 5 years in jail and then give him lethal injection. Why waste good money on such scum. At least, he served time and saved our money that way! All the do-gooders are deluded.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
He's got to be kidding. When a person took so many lives, he forfeited his own. Why did this country pamper him just because he was a living ...! £1m could be put to such good use. No, spent it on this piece of ...!

Ask a Question