Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Logan; years ago I subscribed to a download site called Ares Ultra and used this to download over a thousand movies and music videos; Dallas was one of these and the entire series took forever to download to DVD; I think it took around 18 DVD's but recently I copied the lot to memory sticks so we can play them through our new android. The last time I looked the original Dallas series wasn't on YoUtube.

The follow on series of Dallas we simply couldn't understand or get into; seeing some of the original actors looking so old didn't quite cut it.

We have tried watching Knots Landing through YouTube but it's very poor and not worth the trouble.

"Dynasty" and "Hotel" were also favourites of ours; I keep checking YouTube but without success.

"Howards Way" might interest you Logan and it's on YouTube;

Kind regards, Colin.
Thanks @Colin but i didn't like Howard's Way. Things that you record onto disc won't last. Hubby did some for me and over few years the data goes. Some disc are better than others.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I found out the hard way about recording to disc Logan; I've got lots of my early vintage radio restorations on disc that no longer open. I'm using an external SSD for backing up together with memory sticks; I've only recently copied most of our favourite movies to memory stick allowing them to be played through our android; the smart DVD player kept rejecting discs so we got fed up and bought the android. I'm using Sandisk memory sticks because the cheap memory sticks are rubbish.

HDD's are also prone to failing taking everything with them; I think the SSD though should prove reliable but I've also backed up to memory sticks just in case?

SSD prices are now coming down;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crucial-...045166?hash=item4d6f50c16e:g:mR0AAOSwXOVaV8si

Quite a bit of difference these day to "Floppies" :LOL:

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I found out the hard way about recording to disc Logan; I've got lots of my early vintage radio restorations on disc that no longer open. I'm using an external SSD for backing up together with memory sticks; I've only recently copied most of our favourite movies to memory stick allowing them to be played through our android; the smart DVD player kept rejecting discs so we got fed up and bought the android. I'm using Sandisk memory sticks because the cheap memory sticks are rubbish.

HDD's are also prone to failing taking everything with them; I think the SSD though should prove reliable but I've also backed up to memory sticks just in case?

SSD prices are now coming down;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crucial-...045166?hash=item4d6f50c16e:g:mR0AAOSwXOVaV8si

Quite a bit of difference these day to "Floppies" :LOL:

Kind regards, Colin.
That's great:)We bought a new blu-ray player that's a universal. It does play some of the recordable discs that didn't play on the old DVD player that just played music and film DVD'S.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I always record radio and music to mp3, if they're then put on sticks or are a separate hard drive,they can survive a computer crash or a Windows upgrade.

Not that I've played them for years, but I've 160- odd "Goon Shows" and quite a few "Round the Horne" episodes on mp3. Most come from the old file sharing sites like Audio Galaxy or Napster, but some from YouTube.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I always record radio and music to mp3, if they're then put on sticks or are a separate hard drive,they can survive a computer crash or a Windows upgrade.

Not that I've played them for years, but I've 160- odd "Goon Shows" and quite a few "Round the Horne" episodes on mp3. Most come from the old file sharing sites like Audio Galaxy or Napster, but some from YouTube.

Brilliant ideas! New series are not what they used to be. Gratuitous nude scenes is what gets me. In Collateral, they had to start with a nude woman in Episode 3. Totally pointless.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Laura reminded me of another film where the title inspired a song.

It's been on TV a few times. Well worth watching.

"A Portrait of Jenny."

Now described as a "classic fantasy."

But it's on YouTube. As I lost my original recording when my old PVR packed up I've just downloaded it as an mp4 and stuck it on my Humax HDR.

The storyline is explained in this Wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portrait_of_Jennie

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watched Collateral! Quite enjoyable, apart from some gratuitous swearing and nude scenes! Sadly, Murder for Hire has finished!:cry:

Ask a Question