Programmes To Watch

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sean: That really makes me giggle! Joking apart, it's really terrible that a person who had everything went into a destructive mode like that!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Sean: That really makes me giggle! Joking apart, it's really terrible that a person who had everything went into a destructive mode like that!

I think that it was because his mother died and his partner after only 6 months them being together died.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
TONIGHT
BBC 2
8.30 Nee series
Gardener's world
IMG_20180309_072854.jpg

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bron and I have just completed watching the entire original series of "Dallas" (14 seasons). The early series were the best then they seemed to lose the plot as the stories became sillier but even so there is little to match these old series on TV now; the final episode though was just bizarre.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bron and I have just completed watching the entire original series of "Dallas" (14 seasons). The early series were the best then they seemed to lose the plot as the stories became sillier but even so there is little to match these old series on TV now; the final episode though was just bizarre.

Kind regards, Colin.
I loved Dallas, even the last 2 series they did. It's a pity that they didn't continue.

@Colin which Channal was it on please?
Or was it Utube?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't there a follow on programme called Knotts Landing?.....all I can remember was the ' shoulder pads' :D:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Rex Harrison in the Movie "The Rake's Progress." (1945) Talking Pictures, this afternoon.

Sent down from university, he's useless, but is sent to the family plantation in South America, to give him something to do.

A scene I remember.
Attending a meeting with the rest of the plantation management, the Chairman expresses concern that tea sales globally were outselling those of coffee.

"So gentlemen what does this tell us?"

No one says anything until Rex Harrison slaps his thigh and calls out

"We're in the wrong business!"

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Logan; years ago I subscribed to a download site called Ares Ultra and used this to download over a thousand movies and music videos; Dallas was one of these and the entire series took forever to download to DVD; I think it took around 18 DVD's but recently I copied the lot to memory sticks so we can play them through our new android. The last time I looked the original Dallas series wasn't on YoUtube.

The follow on series of Dallas we simply couldn't understand or get into; seeing some of the original actors looking so old didn't quite cut it.

We have tried watching Knots Landing through YouTube but it's very poor and not worth the trouble.

"Dynasty" and "Hotel" were also favourites of ours; I keep checking YouTube but without success.

"Howards Way" might interest you Logan and it's on YouTube;

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Rex Harrison in the Movie "The Rake's Progress." (1945) Talking Pictures, this afternoon.

Sent down from university, he's useless, but is sent to the family plantation in South America, to give him something to do.

A scene I remember.
Attending a meeting with the rest of the plantation management, the Chairman expresses concern that tea sales globally were outselling those of coffee.

"So gentlemen what does this tell us?"

No one says anything until Rex Harrison slaps his thigh and calls out

"We're in the wrong business!"

I wish I had known - I would have watched it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
GW started with a rousing beginning. Oh, how I love that hellebore! 100% on the hit list!

upload_2018-3-10_8-25-30.png

@marlingardener Hope you can view the Gardeners' World and enjoy it as much as I do!

Last edited:

Ask a Question