Programmes To Watch

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I just wanted to know the plot. All the titbits don't bother me. You might like The world's most extraordinary homes. Trust me, I think it is an eye opener, even though Caroline Q is in it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Could be on last night. I don't have TV guide. Have a look!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! And I am watching moped crime as well. Downloaded in SD just to get the gist of the latest crime fad. Sad that people think they need to rob and mug and justify their crimes with "These are professional people and their phones are insured .. " One even slapped the policeman's helmet! Another carried a number plate of ON MY JOB!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Found the programme for The worlds extraordinary homes. It's on bbc2 at 8pm tonight. I was watching Amazing hotels and at the end they said about the worlds extraordinary homes. When i looked in the RT before i couldn't see it.:whistle:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
TONIGHT
Ch. 4
8pm .New series
Location location location
IMG_20180315_071118.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've always wondered where TV programme makers find all these dysfunctional people for these programmes.

I'm sure they're very selective, there's probably lots of footage where couples are reasonable, sensible and able to make good choices, regarding buying houses or moving to a different area but they don't make good television so that footage is discarded.

What's with these retired couples who want a large house with a big kitchen and huge garden?
As my wife says "Who's going to do all the gardening and cleaning?"

Then there's who want a nice quiet place in the country, then when shown just that, complain it's too far from the shops?

Then there's the others who have no intention of doing/buying anything, but see it as an opportunity to get themselves on TV.

I try never watch any of these programmes, some of them are two or three years old and the prices quoted are no longer relative. But I'm sure a lot of people like them.
My wife watches them, then regales me on occasions about how daft some of those shown on it have seemed to have been with their thinking. I always say; "If they weren't they wouldn't have been on the programme!"

Then there's the presenters. Their prime objective is to get themselves noticed, they hope the programme in which they are appearing is a steppingstone to something better.

Kirsty and Phil have done just that, making a fortune outside their TV work. Good luck to them.

and what's with that forty-odd year old, fat git with his shirt outside his ever increasing waist-line, the wavy hands and spikey hair transplant?

The only time I see a bit of any of these programmes is through a bit of "passive viewing."

Urban Dictionary: passive viewing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my gosh...I know the guy you mean:eek:.....he's in that awful Homes Under The Hammer programme.

My Dad has his tv on all day and even when we visit him he keeps it on and he watches all these ' home ' programmes ......and moans about them throughout the who!e show :ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO::D......bless him!

Those barn and church conversions ......what are they about!!! Think ahead to the heating bills......hot air rises!!

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Urban Dictionary: passive viewing
:eek::eek::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I must say the World most extraordinary Homes is a bit of a drag. All the exaggerations and the rubbish literary interpretations are a bit far-fetched and annoying. Who would put a swimming pool upstairs and one downstairs? What happens if the automation doesn't work? It must have cost an arm and a leg to build.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
"The Artist," BBC1 last night.
A romance set against the change in the motion picture industry from silent films to "talkies."
It's presented entirely as a silent film, with a very limited number of "balloons," of just some of the essential dialogue as it was with silent films.
There's background music and towards the end some everyday sounds, but still no speech.

Worth catching on i>Player.

First time I heard this for decades, though not written until 1936, later than when the film was set, but still enjoyable.

Rose Murphy 1913 - 1989, was better known for this.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
:eek::eek::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I must say the World most extraordinary Homes is a bit of a drag. All the exaggerations and the rubbish literary interpretations are a bit far-fetched and annoying. Who would put a swimming pool upstairs and one downstairs? What happens if the automation doesn't work? It must have cost an arm and a leg to build.
I don't think that i'll watch it then.

Been watching A Place to Call Home, still good. It's good that Regina is still in it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Anna has such an acid tongue and she's over egging it. Fictions aren't really for me.

Ask a Question