Programmes To Watch

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think we have been there 3 times or more! Not half as good as Dyffrin!

Have you been there?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, she went in winter!? Much better in summer. We also went to Penrynth Castle. Quite a few lovely places in Wales, including Chirk Castle.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it was lovely .....amazing the range of colours in it ,heathers, dogwoods and colourful foliage.......my garden in winter is a tad boring:( I'm going to watch the clip again and note down the names she mentions(y),
I did try and grow a couple of heathers....but the soil is not appropriate for them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I had land for heathers. I love them, but they way gcs spray them with colours really annoys me. I need to find space for my hellebore seedlings. Remember, there are heathers and heathers. Look around and see which ones you like. Some of them have tidier leaves and they look far superior to the straggly ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Spoke with my neighbour yesterday and asked if I could pinch some of her lovely pink Hellebore seedlings......she said ' yes just come and help yourself ' :)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Spoke with my neighbour yesterday and asked if I could pinch some of her lovely pink Hellebore seedlings......she said ' yes just come and help yourself ' :)(y)

Go for a mature plant as you never know if the seedlings will come true. Hellebores are very promiscuous and that's why it is so difficult to name them. Try to get one which has flowers. Even I found it hard to find the same plants in my garden and I think I should have nearly 80 of them. That's why I have no room for anything else.

Ask a Question