alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ok there is a link,though?

I have provided it in the last post in 2: Gardening Diaries .. I have been using my scroll button so much that my index finger hurts.. so I started a new one. You should see it.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
TONIGHT
BBC 2
8pm NEW SERIES .Back In Time For Tea
IMG_20180206_083057.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just started watching Requiem. A bit far-fetched. But the opening scenes are beautiful. Lovely house and garden. Everybody seems to hear voices and commits suicide.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Back in Time for Tea was good, mind you I could never have had skinned and gutted that rabbit.....never.... ever :eek:
My Dad told me how the food brought back many childhood memories to him,, tripe, bread and dripping!!
The only memory it stirred for me......as it was way before my time!!:) was the clips of them enjoying a break in Blackpool...my birthplace.Not that I remember much about it except that the beach was at the end of our road, my parents were Londoners and after a few years they came back down south.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
mind you I could never have had skinned and gutted that rabbit.....never.... ever :eek:

I could. I prefer eating them than hormones infested chickens.

When I was young, I was shown how to kill a chicken. I lived on a farm and parents used to keep pigs, hens and cows and had fields. I really hated it, especially when you cut the throat and the poor thing was still flapping around. I nearly wanted to cry, but it's a way of life and I couldn't be sentimental over it.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall did a series going back to basics and he killed a chicken by giving it an electric shock. I haven't watched back in time for tea, will tonight.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that's NOT going back to basic if he resorted to electricity or electric shock. Got to go out to see the snow damage. Have a nice day.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that's NOT going back to basic if he resorted to electricity or electric shock. Got to go out to see the snow damage. Have a nice day.
Ah that's because it wasn't him, he he.it was Jimmy Doherty on his farm. They were so long ago and i watched a lot of these programmes i got it mixed up. Hugh killed his chickens by wringing their necks.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I used a knife and slit it's neck and when it flapped and flapped, I nearly wanted to cry.. But if I have home reared chicken, I will do the same. Better than buying hormone infested ones from supermarket!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I would have to go back to being a vegetarian.....even now I can happily go without meat in my meals.

My Mum told us stories of when my Grandfather reared chickens and geese. They flapped around....and on some occasions they ran around headless for a few moments before succumbing to their death :eek::eek: :cry:
Hence the old saying '' running around like a headless chuck '' :(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I would have to go back to being a vegetarian.....even now I can happily go without meat in my meals.

My Mum told us stories of when my Grandfather reared chickens and geese. They flapped around....and on some occasions they ran around headless for a few moments before succumbing to their death :eek::eek: :cry:
Hence the old saying '' running around like a headless chuck '' :(

Ooops! Should I laugh or cry? I think we have to draw a line somewhere. Even lettuces have nerves. We can't say we're not going to eat lettuces because they feel pain when pinched.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Requiem is getting farcical - so much whoooooshing ... now the whooshing has become funny! She's the missing girl and Mr Dean might have something to do with the kidnap and that's why her mum killed herself. A bit perverse! If she loved Matilda, why slitting her throat right in front of her! Some mother!

Ask a Question