Programmes To Watch

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Agree @alp........must feel very strange and uncomfortable for them too. I'm really surprised that in this age of such advanced hi- tech that is constantly being developed that they can't devise something a lot smaller and less cumbersome looking!!

Yes, that's it. Too cumbersome and deformed the animals.. You've articulated my thought. So alien and unkind to see such a big contraption hiding part of the meerkat's neck. I nearly wanted to cry seeing that. NOSY humans, can't they stop trying to see everything. I wish they could put up a sign

DO NOT DISTURB!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I certainly wouldn't like it if some huge being came and put some strange and frightening device around my neck and I couldn't remove it!!:eek::(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm afraid I don't agree @Logan. I'm not saying that they haven't HAD to get use to them, but we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors.......how long did they have to wear them BEFORE they began to act a bit more naturally. Mmmmmmm:(

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
They got used to them straight away. Also they didn't have them on all the time. They took them off.

They've put tracking devices on snow leopards to track where they go, because they were so elusive and didn't know how many there were. At first they didn't like it, but they got used to it. Now they had to have them on all the time. It wasn't the people who were filming them, it was the government of that country. The people who were filming didn't like it at first but, when they saw them starting to hunt again they felt relaxed about it. I didn't like the look of the devices, they were massive things.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watched half of Nigel Slater's Middle East. Very good, I like the way he takes interest in foods from other cultures. Got to watch the rest of it.

Haha! Nigel Slater. I loved his book about his love for his father and how he cooked for him. His father loved plants and he impressed the old man with Latin names. I don't go for books like these, but I do like the occasional ones like One year in Provence and this book by Nigel Slater. I can't forget how he picked the fat from the goose or duck and ate it with Nigella Lawson. So gross! I do follow one of his recipes - cumin, lemon juice and salt to marine a chicken for roasting. Lovely!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't follow any recipes, just like to watch him. i pick up tips from him or any one else.i watched the film called Toast, it was about him.

I don't like Nigela Lawson

Come to think of it,i only like to watch men cook.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nigella Lawson! Yuk! Cringe, cringe! I don't mind Delia. I don't like Rick Stein as there's something very cowboy about him. Jamie Oliver talks the talk, but I can tell his foods have no consistency. Funky yes, but reliable no! Yes, I think that book was called Toast about his relationship with his dad and his stepmum.

Watching Mr Holmes now on iplayer!

Ask a Question