Plants/trees you'd love to have, but for some reason can't?

Reaction score
OMG, Gina!!!!! I never thought that something as amazing as this could be done! That mini wisteria looks so amazing!!! It´s extremely beautiful, it's like having a wisteria, but mini version :eek:

This one is really beautiful:

1101643_090524224743_bolusanthus-speciosus.jpg

Reaction score
Yes, you can buy Strelitzias as a fully grown plants, :) which would actually be the ideal way to acquire one, they are quite expensive though. You'll normally see them for sale in most Mediterranean Countries, in areas where they have good garden centers / nurseries, unfortunately for me I don't live anywhere near a garden center or nursery of any description, which is why I have to continue trying to grow mine from seed.

I'm sure you will and am sure you'll get amazing results from all the things that you do :) Just don't forget, prior to buying your Wisteria, invest in a good pair of secateurs, that will fit easily into a pocket and therefore be on hand, to prune your Wisteria at any time it is needed :D

Oh ok, I thought those plans would be expensive, I mean... just look at how much the bouquets coost when said bucket has one of those flowers :eek: I've never seen one for sale in my life, I wonder where the florists get them? It must be a really huge investment :whistle:

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen anytime, but when it does... I'll have in min all the useful pieces of advice you have give me ;) I'll try to find a very handy pair of scateurs once I move to the Netherlands for good :D

Reaction score
I would like to have a pecan tree mainly because I would like to be able to pick my own pecans rsther than buy them from the store. I see lots of them here and I see lots of people picking pecans off the ground all the time. The only downside is the spiders. I see lots of spider nests in pecan trees too and I hate spiders. I would also like to have a willow tree because I find them so relaxing and I can picture myself reading a book under one while the leaves bliw in a gentle spring breeze. I will have to wait til I get a house with a big back yard.

Reaction score
Same here, I want an awesome tree, but I'll have to wait until a real miracle happens or until I move to a bigger house :D My neighbor had a pecan tree, those trees grow very tall, but as you said... they attract all sorts of things. We often saw a lot squirrels over here when that tree was around, we were really scared of them becuase the rabbies... but some of them were so beautiful! We once saw a white one! They were after the pecans, of course :)

As for spiders... ah don't worry, they're always everywhere! Don't let that stop you from having the tree of your dreams. As for willows... they're very easy to take care of :) It's a cool tree:

willow-tree.jpg

Reaction score
Gorgeous pictures! I don't have the space for wisteria but I would have it in abundance if could. I would love to have looooong banks of lavender and saliva as well. For trees I really like the Japanese maples, their color is absolutely stunning in the Fall and that says a lot because I live in New England where the foliage is always spectacular form end of September through the end of October.

Reaction score
Thanks :) Japanese maples are awesome trees, I actually feel a strong attraction for strong coloured trees... but I don't think I can have all those in the same place! But I guess it'd be nice to see a couple of purple trees here and there, and a red one just in the middle ;) By the way, I love your idea, the japanese maple trees look amazing when they're outside, right next to the house so everyone can see their foliage during fall :) The banks of salvia and lavender are really nice touches ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Trellum, I love the picture that you posted, it's a beautiful willow:)
As for squirrels, we have three walnut trees in our garden and squirrels really love them. I see those cute creatures every day, they jump and swing on branches, it looks so funny! They don't let anyone get close to them though, so I don't worry about the rabies.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm so glad they rather ignore us , otherwise I'm sure a lot would have rabbies bye now, hehehe ! Sadly that tree was removed a few weeks ago so the smallest daughter could have her own room. So no more free oecans!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm sorry to hear it:( But I'm sure the squirrels will find free pecans somewhere else. They're such clever and agile little creatures. I find them the most adorable:D I wish there were even more of them in my garden:D They drive my dog crazy though.

Reaction score
I Love the smell of jasmine, but if I even come close to it, I have the worst allergic reaction.

It is a shame. I found the hard way.

I believe that they are beautiful.

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear it:( But I'm sure the squirrels will find free pecans somewhere else. They're such clever and agile little creatures. I find them the most adorable:D I wish there were even more of them in my garden:D They drive my dog crazy though.

Yeah, but sadly we no longer get to see them over here :( Before that we used to see them very often. I even saw a white oneonce.

Reaction score
I Love the smell of jasmine, but if I even come close to it, I have the worst allergic reaction.

It is a shame. I found the hard way.

I believe that they are beautiful.

Jasmine is a really beautiful flower! So rorry to hear you're completely allergic to them tho! It must be such a oitty ti be allergic to something you realy like!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yeah, but sadly we no longer get to see them over here :( Before that we used to see them very often. I even saw a white oneonce.
I've never seen a white squirrel! We don't have them in Poland. This is how they look here:

1254069572Wiewi%C3%B3rka_008.jpg

It's a cute little thing, isn't it? And we share love for walnut trees:D

Reaction score
Jasmine is a really beautiful flower! So rorry to hear you're completely allergic to them tho! It must be such a oitty ti be allergic to something you realy like!

It is. I love flowers that have a scent. I love the Look of jasmines in other peoples gardens.
For now I settle for Roses. They do the trick.

I am next going to get a climbing Rose Bush. My parents had one when I was younger, and it was amazingly beautiful. Specially when it wrapped itself around a giant tree we had at home.

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea there were climbing rose bushes :) I'm sure they must look splendind and they will be a great addition to your garden :) I personally love flowers of any kind scented or not scented :) My fav ones are tulips :)

Ask a Question