Planting Cutting Flowers

Reaction score
Those tulips are so pretty! Can you imagine seeing a huge field of them? It would be stunning!

No, I do not cut my flowers. I do not like to have flower arrangements in my house, only houseplants. I just hate to see them wither! I envy those who have such lovely arrangements in their home, though.

I would love to see a field full of tulips! That would be an awesome sight. what is your favorite color of tulips?

I plant a lot of flowers but not just for cutting. I love all of the crazy color combos! I do cut them quite often but cutting isn't the point of the flowers.

I bet you have a rainbow of color in your yard @firelily99 every season! Do you ever go for specific color schemes?

Reaction score
Oh My. I planted a bed of Zinias one year. I waited for them to grow, and nothing came out of them. I had this Idea that I could have fresh flowers that year. I ended up with a bunch of green stalks, and no flowers.

I was successful at growing roses, I left them alone, and just realized that a blooming flower for me to admire was good enough for me.

Ahh @charahome so sorry that your zinias did not bloom for you as expected. We kept our house full of them when we grew them. I am glad you are successful at growing roses. I love roses. I currently have 2 bushes. One is a wild rose bush and it is beautiful and one is a red rose bush that the previous owner planted. It is not in a very good place. It is covered by trees and does not get enough sunlight I don't think. I have seen it bloom and it normally has one or two beautiful blooms on it but that is it. I have been afraid to move it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My glads, phlox and Shasta daisies are wonderful in floral arrangements with peonies and roses. I didn't plant them for cutting. They just seem to find their way into the house with any other perennials that are blooming

Reaction score
My glads, phlox and Shasta daisies are wonderful in floral arrangements with peonies and roses. I didn't plant them for cutting. They just seem to find their way into the house with any other perennials that are blooming

LOL I can totally understand this Jewell! I love a nice bunch of flowers on my dining room table!

Ask a Question