Planting Mountain Laurel

Reaction score
I would like to plant a Mountain Laurel bush and would like to know if it will take sun? I live in Northwest Ohio Zone 5A but today they say we are in Zone 6A.
I wold like one that would only get 2 to 3 feet tall and wide.
I would have to make the soil Acidic since my soil has a PH of 7.

If you know of another bush that fits this please let me know if Mountain Laurel will not work.
It would be facing West along a driveway and at a end of a flower garden that is along a sidewalk. What I am looking for is something that would catch your eye.
The soil is clay but drains very good and has decayed wood mulch in it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Mountian laurels in our area- zone 7a, grow along tree lines where they are shaded. Don't think they tolerate full sun. What about red twig dogwood?

Reaction score
What I would like is a flowering bush that only gets about 2 to 3 feet high for it is around 5 to 7 feet from the roadside.

Reaction score
This maybe a very strong competitor and I'm very interested in learning if there would be another one out there that would fall in what I am looking for. Please if you know of any others that would be outstanding please let me know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Take a look at the shrub form of Potentilla. They are hardy and will thrive in just about any soil and situation, flowering from early summer through to autumn (fall). Colours are white, pink, orange or yellow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Variegated Boxwood, Buxus sempervirens, variagata; or Dwarf Golden Hinoki, Chamaecyparis obtusa, nana gracilis, 'Aurea Lutea'

Ask a Question