A Garden Created Mainly by Donations, Cuttings and Transplanting

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
image.jpeg
This garden was bare a few years ago. My little visiting dog Texie Girl would come through here and I called it my Texie Path. I don't think she could make her way through here now if she was still with us!!! :( She was a lovely little visitor, a staffie with a big grin. It was like having a dog when you didn't have a dog.
I now call this my Texie Garden and just about everything was "acquired" so to speak. As I had nothing I accepted everything that was offered including ginger lilies which I was warned about but so far so good. I was given elephant ears, lilies....note the sensational Green Goddess Lillies. The large succulent which was originally from my mum bares lovely flowers. My son had it and gave it to me.....it took two sons to move it! I transplanted echiums from pots, the eye poking ones I had near the front door:confused:! Spider plant from my sister, the Shwarzkopf from one plant I purchased, moved cordylines which didn't look good in one area. All helped to fill this. I was on a mission to fill it so now I must stop! :confused:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Most Excellent (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's a beautiful garden!!! It looks so rich and vivid. Are those succulents in the pots? They're stunning!:love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Stunning! And since it was all given and "acquired", it's even more special.
Please, what is the red hedge in the background? That is incredibly beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I love that such a beautiful area was made basically all from donations and cuttings. It really is the embodiment of how great it is sharing a successful garden with others. I love the succulent type plants you have there too - I'd love to have an entire little succulent garden but I'm not sure how well they'll grow here (something that I need to research, I think!)

Reaction score
Lovely garden, my first plant collection ever was actually from cuttings my dad had gotten from me, I have great memories from that time :) I was so excited back then because of all those cuttings, then when a while later when I saw they were thriving... I was over the clouds! Thanks for sharing your garden with us, it's lovely!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is so lovely to see and I like the name you gave your garden! The succulent looks fabulous.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
It is
Wow, it's a beautiful garden!!! It looks so rich and vivid. Are those succulents in the pots? They're stunning!:love:
It is a succulent called Schwarzkopf and grows so easily from cuttings. Snails love it but seem to be ok in the pots. Don't know why as the little buggers can climb.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Stunning! And since it was all given and "acquired", it's even more special.
Please, what is the red hedge in the background? That is incredibly beautiful!
There is actually a road between this garden and the red hedge. My friend pointed out to me the gardening phenomenon of borrowing from your neighbors. I'm not sure of the name of it but I will check with a very knowledgeable friend tomorrow and let you know. From my deck I have a great view and see this and their agapanthus. A couple of years ago I dead headed theirs as I could see them. They're not on their land, just on the side of the road. Bit cheeky of me really. I was down there burning off and it seemed like a good idea at the time. :confused: Now,they dead head them themselves. They are considered a weed and we are meant to do that in my defense :sneaky:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I love that such a beautiful area was made basically all from donations and cuttings. It really is the embodiment of how great it is sharing a successful garden with others. I love the succulent type plants you have there too - I'd love to have an entire little succulent garden but I'm not sure how well they'll grow here (something that I need to research, I think!)
I agree very much Amelia. It is lovely to both give and receive. A garden then becomes full of memories and association.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Lovely garden, my first plant collection ever was actually from cuttings my dad had gotten from me, I have great memories from that time :) I was so excited back then because of all those cuttings, then when a while later when I saw they were thriving... I was over the clouds! Thanks for sharing your garden with us, it's lovely!
Thanks Trellum. I'm glad you've enjoyed my Texie garden. I have memories of those who gave me the cuttings and of Texie.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It is

It is a succulent called Schwarzkopf and grows so easily from cuttings. Snails love it but seem to be ok in the pots. Don't know why as the little buggers can climb.
Thank you for answering my question:) I wonder where did this name came from. 'Schwarz' means black in German, but those beautiful succulents aren't black, are they? They look red in the picture.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I may have to re check. I know the shwartzkopf is black but needs sunlight to stay black. I assumed this is more red because it has been winter. Maybe someone on the forum knows.

Ask a Question