Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi runny and everyone else. Ground saturated still to do to much, I'll have a dabble tomorrow after a bike ride. Got some heleniums MBeauty - penstemon's Husker red to move. Sedum jose aubugine to plant and others , try and clear out the cold frame.

Reaction score
Hi Perki. Plenty of time when the ground isn't so wet. Enjoy your bike ride tomorrow. Do you ride solo, with friends or with a club ? That looks a speedy bike.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bike been off the road for a while, so got to get used to riding it again. I used to go out on my own, but quite a few more people I known got a bike now so got some more biking buddies. If nobody turns up tomorrow I probably just venture to the GC for some salvias.

Reaction score
Steady as you go Perki. Supposed to be a lovely day so hopefully you will meet up with some pals. I ask because my daughter rides out and went off on a rally today.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all, chatterboxes or not and not forgetting Sheal!

Now I wish I had a dog or a bike! :D;) But I'm a bit better than verdun who has only got a nondescript and generic avatar!

Perki: It's nice to go out in a group but make sure they are all decent and nice people. When you go out in a group, the perception is quite different from an individual riding a bike. I remember seeing two different groups in a petrol station, and my son just wanted to get out asap. The atmosphere can be very strained. Make sure you know them all and there are no rogue element(s).. I'm talking as if I were your mother .. LOL!

Runny: Nice to see you IN the conversation. I was just telling Sheal that we have joysome from Scotland and I hope Sheal will join in our conversation. Most of us are from the UK, apart from johnny and vishu..

How old is your daughter, Runny? It's so nice to have a bike as it's a cheaper mode of transport and is flexible in congestion. Ex and I were quite worried when son took a bike to uni... It's a shame as a lot of young people ride bikes or motorbikes. It's like we were stifling son's street savvyness by being too overprotective.

johnny: you're behind us? I thought the Americans or Canadians welcome their new year before us... How did I manage to get an A Level B in Geography!:p

I'm surprised that it's so dark outside. Thought it would be bursting with sunshine. Just started the laundry - nothing compares to clothes dried by the sun! Let's hope we have a nice day of fine and warm weather. ... Happy gardening!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, no! What's happened? Are you OK? Take a deep breath and slow down first, C'box!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have already switched off the central heating.. loft door opened again.. Are you sure your hardiness is 1a? LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Upsy told me I should be 9b or something. I guess it's not important, but the question kept popping up. Clever way to get round it. Popped the clothes out and hoovered the kitchen. Must do some more seeds today. Thank heavens my courgettes are OK. I planted them very near the slabs and I guess the west setting sun has a pleasing and warming effect on them. My target is to plant 10 at least seeds and get rid of the age old seeds. Some seeds sprouted after 4 years.. Ashamed, I am!:mad:. I wonder what has happened to my Kaffir lime seeds or the asparagus seeds. They can be alive now.. Don't even know where they are!:sick:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Upsy told me I should be 9b or something. I guess it's not important, but the question kept popping up. Clever way to get round it. Popped the clothes out and hoovered the kitchen. Must do some more seeds today. Thank heavens my courgettes are OK. I planted them very near the slabs and I guess the west setting sun has a pleasing and warming effect on them. My target is to plant 10 at least seeds and get rid of the age old seeds. Some seeds sprouted after 4 years.. Ashamed, I am!:mad:. I wonder what has happened to my Kaffir lime seeds or the asparagus seeds. They can be alive now.. Don't even know where they are!:sick:
I get these ideas sometimes.I just put in what i thought it might be. Glad about your courgettes. Sometimes seeds take a long time.Have a good day.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Me too about the courgettes and I will upload a pic of my rhubarbs later.

Good day to you too! :)

Ask a Question