Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_0133.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    340.1 KB · Views: 214

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice. I was drowning when I uploaded my files. Beaus Mum, if you Upload a File and then click full image, the image will be very big on the screen and if you tab a return, you can add a comment on your photo. It took me 5 times to get the hang of it. And if you click on the image, it might or might not expand, depending on whether the image is already at optimal size. Lovely hellebores and I have exactly the same.

Don't worry about the name. They look so similar that it is nearly impossible to tell the slight difference. You've been working very hard.. Or was it you OH whilst you were the director? Nice job ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll keep practising :)
Today OH putting in new rads in front room so I was in the garden weeding and weeding and weeding! Cleared a big log pile and filled the holes oh dug out for me the other day with blueberrys and two roses I brought recently.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Now, I have my rhubarb to show you, Logan et al Still growing
View attachment 17882 Still growing

Hope vishu can see these - white double tulip

View attachment 17884 View attachment 17885 View attachment 17886

Yellow or green tulipView attachment 17887

Queen of the Night - a black / maroon oneView attachment 17888 View attachment 17889
View attachment 17890
Close ups of my pieris flowers bought for 99p

View attachment 17891
View attachment 17892 View attachment 17893View attachment 17895
I hope you enjoy seeing the ribbings of the petals .. Love all the little lines and patterns..
Alp, rhubarb is good, got a long way to go. The way that you've taken the pics is amazing.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A very good morning to all: Dark here! Going to be a cracking day here .. Slept so well as I really worked hard yesterday, but more needs to be done..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp, that's what you probably should do, to get a good night's sleep.
IMG_20170326_065048.jpg

IMG_20170326_071752.jpg

There's a blue sky, but doesn't show up on here.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all. My hands are still tingling from a nettle I pulled up yesterday!
Today I have a long to do list and not sure what to do first so will enjoy my first cuppa and have a little read on here. Hope you all have a good day :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, ladies and doggies! I feel so sorry for you, BM! Imagine such cold .. Hope you have a mobile convection heater .. to warm yourself next to.. It's no laughing matter. I'm going to turn off mine as I have to open the door to let the airs go to the loft .. Say no more.

Hope your OH hurries up but does a proper day .. We still need it in this weather.

Funny thing is that once you're out and walking, you don't feel so bad and when you're home, you think heating is not necessary.. That's what I think all the time. When things get a bit too much, I go up to the shop and when I'm home, I feel so much warmer.

Lovely photos, Logan, and would love to see your doggies in them too. Must be so much nicer to walk in a bit of natural light. Well maintained roads in Redditch! By the way, do your doggies remember the old clock? LOL!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all. My hands are still tingling from a nettle I pulled up yesterday!
Today I have a long to do list and not sure what to do first so will enjoy my first cuppa and have a little read on here. Hope you all have a good day :)
I'm like that sometimes, too much to think about. I always think which is the most important thing to do first.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
BM: I used to hate stinging nettles and I have a spot under a slab where the nuisance loves enormously. I was trying to get rid of the big clump, but had no gloves, so I used a hand fork to loosen it and left it at that.

Come to think of it, I will dedicate a spot to them as it's better than buying chemicals. I made 2 pots of nettle soup last year and will do that again. But make sure you wear thick gloves.. It's no laughing matter.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
BM: I used to hate stinging nettles and I have a spot under a slab where the nuisance loves enormously. I was trying to get rid of the big clump, but had no gloves, so I used a hand fork to loosen it and left it at that.

Come to think of it, I will dedicate a spot to them as it's better than buying chemicals. I made 2 pots of nettle soup last year and will do that again. But make sure you wear thick gloves.. It's no laughing matter.
I did that a long time ago and they started to spread, but there's a lot in the woods, so i dug them up.

Ask a Question