Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Must be the soil and conditions.. Mine are all half the sizes of Logan's. I know I shouldn't be sitting here.. But had to add a tracking number. Nightmare! Didn't know there were so many dog lovers. .. Need to get going. Natter l'er!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Here for lunch only. I think Logan's dog breakfast looks better than my lunch pasta with presto sauce. A pot of yoplait and a hot cup of tea!

I have potted up 6 pots of sunflowers, 2 pots of Datura, some green melon called Selno de pied .. Weeded out some arum lilies, repotted an acer.

Saw my dicentra alba flowering for the first time and took some pics.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Is it sunny your way! It's so bright here that I need to go out again. Must get rid of the bitter cherry and sycamore seedlings before they get a hold on my patches.. Lovely but glarely.

Guess what? It was only 5 minutes ago that I found Runny's page .. How dumb I am! Went there and said a very belated WELCOME!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gorgeous day at Wisley.. that place really is spectacular. Trust the sun to appear just as we are heading back to the car.. here's some images taken today:

FullSizeRenderaaaa.jpg
aaaaa.jpg
aa.jpg
aaaa.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Cheers Verd. It was my first time visiting & it's enormous, I can only imagine what the herbaceous borders look like in the middle of Summer. The RHS plant shop is also massive, lots that you won't find in local GC's etc. No Agastache though :whistle:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Mark: That white magnolia close up is STUNNING! Lovely flowers everywhere, especially those little flowers underneath the tree. I remember seeing a massive patch of cyclamens under a shaded area. The rhodos are beautiful.

I wish I lived near Wisley .. So many species to see: grasses, salvias .. magnolias, alstroemerias. Fantastic. It always takes us an hour to drive there. Those camellias are massive .. Are you going to take yours out and plant it in the ground? They are very tough .. but it mustn't be in a very hot spot. I'm so happy with mine now although last year I wasn't so certain.

We have had lovely weather here since 1pm. It was so nice weeding in the garden.. And tomorrow, fine weather will set in and I look forward to working my washing machine HARD!

Then, I will mow the lawn... Sunshine does cheer me up. and I am sitting in my west facing living room.. Lovely!

Also, here you can highlight all your files and the site will upload them just like that. Sometimes clicking on the image will enlarge the photo unless the ones uploaded are at their optimal sizes. Fantastic.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it's been sunny this afternoon, a bit milder with a light wind. Help OH finish cutting back the Pyracantha. Pulled my first rhubarb. 3lb 10 Oz
IMG_20170324_164327.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well done! Are they for your dessert? Lovely and chunky .. Logan, I threw away mine. I only bought it because it was 50p - Timperley Early I think and they are growing NOW... How stupid I was.. Must stop this bargain hunting mentality ..

If I have any next time, will give them away or to ex. Never know what to do with them. :p

Yes, gorgeous weather here with the sun caressing my back.. Wonderful feeling as if summer were here minus the heat! Fantastic time for gardening!

Bliss..

Oh, forgot - As the slow cooker was too slow (there was a joke that someone returned a slow cooker because it was TOO SLOW! Wish I could return mine! LOL!) I had mackerel for dinner with mustard powder and butter for frying and then bacon chop .. Shame the bacon chop was a bit salty .. Always can MURDER a bacon fried with golden edges .. Ummm.. salivating even thinking of it ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO! BIG BIG WELCOME!

Is that big enough!?

Didn't know that you were shy as well! So nice to have you here! Yeah!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Spring Garden - unfortunately not the pic I'd meant to post - need to learn the new smilies too !!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Well done! Are they for your dessert? Lovely and chunky .. Logan, I threw away mine. I only bought it because it was 50p - Timperley Early I think and they are growing NOW... How stupid I was.. Must stop this bargain hunting mentality ..

If I have any next time, will give them away or to ex. Never know what to do with them. :p

Yes, gorgeous weather here with the sun caressing my back.. Wonderful feeling as if summer were here minus the heat! Fantastic time for gardening!

Bliss..

Oh, forgot - As the slow cooker was too slow (there was a joke that someone returned a slow cooker because it was TOO SLOW! Wish I could return mine! LOL!) I had mackerel for dinner with mustard powder and butter for frying and then bacon chop .. Shame the bacon chop was a bit salty .. Always can MURDER a bacon fried with golden edges .. Ummm.. salivating even thinking of it ..
Hi Alp, some of it's for pudding and a lot to go in freezer. I cut it up, put in roasting tin and pour a lot of honey on it, honey is lot better than sugar.:)Yes it's Timperley early but I've got a new one called Poultons Pride, can harvest it all the way through to autumn.:)

Ask a Question