Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
When OH used to work,we got up at the same then.So we just stuck to it. They get used to going out at that time. They wait until we're up then Barely will start barking. He will go out just for a wee, but he won't go for his walk until i take him out at 7am. We have our breakfast at 6am.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's alright now, but imagine it's raining and snowing.. Not easy keeping dogs.. Lots of love and sacrifices.. But the experience is rewarding..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It's alright now, but imagine it's raining and snowing.. Not easy keeping dogs.. Lots of love and sacrifices.. But the experience is rewarding..
Yes it's not much fun with the rain and when we had 5 golden retrievers. All those towels, i just put the towels in the garage, sometimes i can use them again, so i don't have to keep washing them.
all five.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Haha! Logan, no wonder you want more .. You used to have FIVE! That's quite a handful..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm totally exhausted and had half a day of sweating, sieving all the compost from the back of the garden.. Bind weeds under control on the ground but they are rearing their ugly head at the back where it is wild wild west.. I thought I was going to open new ground for growing plants.. But no, it is concrete .. with a miniature great wall of China in the middle. What a strange person the previous owner was! He had a big hole fenced off by a brick wall, and concrete ground and all around some funny concrete raised bits.. and loads of ceiling tiles ..

Some not very good photos

some clematis in flowers

No idea what this little pixie is called! Very tiny ..
SAM_0186.JPG
SAM_0187.JPG
SAM_0188.JPG

The above could be Miss Bateman

My Montana Rubens - with lovely apple blossom fragrance..
SAM_0196.JPG
SAM_0197.JPG
SAM_0198.JPG

SAM_0195.JPG

Some geraniums
SAM_0192.JPG
SAM_0193.JPG

I so wanted to take this close up, but I kept capturing my shadow!
SAM_0182.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Evening, lovely pics of the dogs Logan. Dogs do like their set routines and know that something is up when they are changed. Parents dogs all knew walk. meals, treat and even the weekly shop times ( the latter being when they had the house to themselves:D) What would the world be like without our beloved pets, whatever type. Haven't had dogs since we married, but as our children grew up we have had a variety of smaller pets and birds. Love them all but especially one of the rabbits who loved coming into the house to play and would run around your legs in a figure of eight , as if he was trying to trip you up! Sadly while I was out on a school run neighbours visiting sister's dog got into our garden and managed to somehow knock the latch of the run and killed him.....must be 20yrs ago now but it still brings tears to my eyes, The last of our birds died 2yrs ago

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
alp it sounds like you've had a very busy day....you must feel shattered. It is strange what you find previous owners have done, left or even buried in the garden:eek::eek::eek::eek:,

Had a lovely day with the children, walking, cycle rides even roller skating ( not me), While hunting for the skates we found that a sparrow was nesting in the shed !

Back home to more watering !!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I wanted some Stock (Matthiola incana) this year, they are pretty, smell good and you can cut them. I've planted some once or twice with limited results also, warmer temperatures here make for a limited season. They did pretty good :)

Bowl of Stock
IMG_9798s.JPG

Close up of Bowl of Stock
IMG_9800s.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9798s.JPG
    IMG_9798s.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 150

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Not going to be able to do anything for 4-6 weeks. Got a knee fracture. When I was walking berry, I wasn't looking where I was going and fell over a concrete balard, fell on my knees, the right one was the worst. Got full leg in plaster. Can't put any weight on it and got crutches. Fracture clinic in the morning.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy I so wanted to go to bed since 8pm and just woke up from my tiredness. What a sad end your lovely rabbit had.. I was too tired when I first read your post.. I more or less have regained control of myself now. I can't believe that I could be so exhausted.. It seems to me you have a lovely day.. with the children.. They are so lucky to have you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no Logan, so sorry to hear this. It must had been so painful, were you on your own? How is it feeling now have you taken pain killers? hope you manage to get some sleep tonight, take care.x

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted some Stock (Matthiola incana) this year, they are pretty, smell good and you can cut them. I've planted some once or twice with limited results also, warmer temperatures here make for a limited season. They did pretty good :)

Bowl of Stock
View attachment 19309

Close up of Bowl of Stock
View attachment 19307

Lovely flowers stock, @Greenhorn I used to grow them. But they didn't flower the first year .. They are so pretty as well, apart from the fragrance.. They can be perennial - at least those I grew were perennials, but I didn't look after them and after 3 years, they lost their will to live.. I used to have the pink ones.. Yours are doing very well. Hope you look after them as they should come back year after year...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Look after yourself alp, take it a bit easier in the garden. Its so easy to get carried away and end up overdoing it. Remember....the jobs you don't get round to doing today will still be there waiting for you tomorrow. But doing jobs with an overtired body will be a lot harder to do.

Take care and sleep well x

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Not going to be able to do anything for 4-6 weeks. Got a knee fracture. When I was walking berry, I wasn't looking where I was going and fell over a concrete balard, fell on my knees, the right one was the worst. Got full leg in plaster. Can't put any weight on it and got crutches. Fracture clinic in the morning.

Oh, dear! Thank heavens that you actually went to the clinic..Full leg in plaster :eek::cry:! Must be painful ... Make sure you have a proper rest.. I nearly tripped over the yellow sail left by the previous owner.. That sail must be more than 22 years old. Still in one piece, though with holes.. I am so tired.. Night night, @Greenhorn @Logan and @Upsy Daisy I'm shattered ... Have a good night sleep and rest to all ...

Ask a Question