Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no Logan, so sorry to hear this. It must had been so painful, were you on your own? How is it feeling now have you taken pain killers? hope you manage to get some sleep tonight, take care.x
Thanks, I'm not in any pain now that i have the plaster on, but i can't bend my leg. I wasn't on my own, it was just round the corner where i live. A neaghbour was there and OH was coming out with barley. It's going to be difficult to do everything.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful pics Greenhorn, I'm ( hopefully) growing some this year for the first time. I've been told that they smell nice and thought that I would have them in pots near the kitchen patio doors. Well.............that's the plan:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Think of it this way Logan.. it's good that doing things will be difficult, because that will mean that you CAN'T do them (y) Lots of resting up is what you CAN do :D.
Good to hear that you weren't on you own or in the woods.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to everybody! I had a very good night of :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:, Thank you, @Upsy Daisy I was so tired.. Daisy, your posts have really cheered me up..:D;)

@Logan Must be very inconvenient and uncomfortable to be stuck in a plaster case.. I hope you will get back to normality soon..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely flowers stock, @Greenhorn I used to grow them. But they didn't flower the first year .. They are so pretty as well, apart from the fragrance.. They can be perennial - at least those I grew were perennials, but I didn't look after them and after 3 years, they lost their will to live.. I used to have the pink ones.. Yours are doing very well. Hope you look after them as they should come back year after year...

I was so tired that I was delirious - I love the fragrance ... and mine was of a deeper pink and more or less single.. @Greenhorn Yours is double and much more voluminous.. Very beautiful flowers and photos..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Think of it this way Logan.. it's good that doing things will be difficult, because that will mean that you CAN'T do them (y) Lots of resting up is what you CAN do :D.
Good to hear that you weren't on you own or in the woods.
Yes thanks, it means i can boss OH around and tell him what to do.;)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to everybody! I had a very good night of :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:, Thank you, @Upsy Daisy I was so tired.. Daisy, your posts have really cheered me up..:D;)

@Logan Must be very inconvenient and uncomfortable to be stuck in a plaster case.. I hope you will get back to normality soon..
Thanks, it's going to be about 4-6 weeks. But i know OH is going to get very tired doing everything.Glad that you had a good night's sleep.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning to one and all

Glad you had a good nights sleep alp.......are you full of the joys of Spring today:D

That's the fighting spirit Logan(y). My poor hubs had to manage Christmas after I couldn't walk following my op last December. So I know what you mean, and if your like me I found it more painful keeping quiet when I could see that he was doing things the way I did:D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO::D.....worth their weight in gold though:).

Have a good day x

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know what you mean, @Upsy Daisy . I have a friend whom I think is a domestic goddess. When I praised her in front of her OH, he was a bit hurt .. That's the trouble with domestic goddesses - they want everything to be perfect or as they want so..

Even I find it taxing seeing myself opening a sealable bag. He couldn't use the scissors properly and talked about chucking them and then he blamed the plastic being too hard.. Sometimes, I just want to give it a blitz, save all the screaming thoughts inside my head...

I am sure Logan would be a patient patient! LOL! :D;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
I have FINALLY discovered what has been eating at my catnip leaves. :mad:
I think they were black caterpillars. They had green blood when I squished them. I didn't even feel sorry for them. One of my poor catnip plants was stripped of its leaves, the only leaves left are the young ones on top. :(
I'm gonna fill my spray bottle with garlic and shake it up and hope the spray will keep them away. :cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Klona: I also saw green liquid from some bug yesterday.. Couldn't really see what it is.. Garlic spray is organic and is a good choice.. Good luck...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just come back from the fracture clinic. My appointment was 10.05 it was 11.30 when i got my cast on, it's made of resin. I had a choice of colours, purple, pink, black and white.so i had the purple.
IMG_20170420_115930.jpg

My foot isn't in the cast so i can put my foot on the ground for stability. But not put weight on it.

Ask a Question