Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Logan might do a couple of designated Tulip tubs then .Sadly I am a great bulb chopper when weeding!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary When you told me about the trick of control +, I was so new.. I really didn't know what I was doing.. Thank you once again for the lovely pointers.. ;)
I'm just glad it works for you! (y) I suppose I should mention that control + scroll will work on any website - not just this forum. I have problems reading things when the type is too small. My computer is linked in to the television, so it's often too far away for reading. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Something I forgot to show yesterday.
I have never in my life seen something like this but here they are. Sorry I couldn't get closer to them.

I was feeding birds along the stream and I watched two big ducks fly in and circle the park. I thought they were going to land in the stream but they decided to land way up in a tree. They were happy up there, waddling up and down that one branch and then settling down for a, I don't know what?
P1040307.JPG
P1040308.JPG

the red wing black bird
P1040311.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just taking berry out for walk, had
@johnny canoe still very wintry looking.. At least, it's not snowing..

I have a few, but not very good photos, but please bear with me..

First iris
View attachment 19249 View attachment 19250

Welsh poppyView attachment 19252

My allium Christophii
View attachment 19254 View attachment 19255

Share yours please, @MaryMary and @Becky
There very good, I've got one of those Alliums. It doesn't spread very well, last year it didn't have any seeds.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Are you serious, Logan? They self seed everywhere, anywhere. I had so many that I had to give them away.. Those two were actually from a cluster of 6, probably from ONE seed head. I used to sell them 50p per seed head in boot sale. Haven't been to one for a long time.. £12 for entry.. I might as well sell them outside my house.. LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to everyone, especially to Logan.. a greyish morning with a bit of chill in the air. I hope the alarm of frost is over for the week.. Need to water the plants at the front.. Loads to do at the back .. of the back garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning alp , Logan and all others as you look in.

Gosh Logan you were up and about early:eek:

Yes alp , it seems mad to have to water at this time of year doesn't it......we so need some rain!!

Didn't do anything in the garden yesterday, decided to make a start on a spot of Spring cleaning instead.

Well I'm off to work soon , so hoping that you all have a lovely day.
Will drop in this evening to catch up on all your news:Dx

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning alp , Logan and all others as you look in.

Gosh Logan you were up and about early:eek:

Yes alp , it seems mad to have to water at this time of year doesn't it......we so need some rain!!

Didn't do anything in the garden yesterday, decided to make a start on a spot of Spring cleaning instead.

Well I'm off to work soon , so hoping that you all have a lovely day.
Will drop in this evening to catch up on all your news:Dx
Yes I'm always up early, for the dogs/boys.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Just got some precious kitchen sink water (well, I capture all water in a little flex tub) to water the alstro in the front.. Hard call... loads of buds from cistus, and alstros are preparing for flowering.. I really want them to have a good start.. No rain to speak of.. So I will use the half butt of water..

Have a very nice day, @Upsy Daisy and @Logan and whoever who looks in (Ooops, I'm a dirty copycat!) Hehe!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow still early though Logan.....Is it just their routine or do they bark to ' go out' to be clean. Always had dogs during my childhood, dad still does but must say we weren't up at 5 :eek::sleep::sleep: We always walked the dogs by 7:30 though, otherwise they wouldn't give us any peace to enjoy our breakfast:D:D.

Ask a Question