Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hi Alp,
You do realize Classical is centuries older than the Blues? Blues and Classical are being written and played every day by very successful artists. And if you go to Blues festivals you will find a high percent of younger fans. But we each have our likes, I enjoy listening to classical but in the greenhouse I listen to alternative rock, keeps me moving. I have no desire to take piano lessons, I learn myself and it's just for my pleasure anyways really. I can play for hours putting new rifts into my old, shake the house down, music. lol
I also enjoy and play Southern Gospel.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
There is something very nice about Gospel music .. very noble and uplifting .. it's like close to heaven, so to speak.. Glad that you've so many passions going for you.. Life is much more enjoyable like this..

shake the house down... I know the feeling.. I like to sing, but my son shuts me up all the time.. So nice to do something which speaks to your soul and energise you ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to everybody .. Wonder if my little plants are still alive ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Love your weather emoji .. Love your new thread as well.. ;)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely dog photo.. and the sunshine filtering through the plant is just lovely. Shards of light .. Lovely.. It's very nippy.. even though I'm sitting indoors. Your tulips are doing well. Mine more or less die off ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning alp , Logan and everyone else who stops by .

We're frost free here thankfully, lovely sunny start to the day.

Not sure what our plans are today., probably finish mulching the remaining borders.

Finally got round to feeding Azaleas, Rhododendrons and Camelias so can tick them of my ' to do' list.

Whatever your up to...enjoy your day.x

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely pics Logan, agree your Tulips are looking good. Promised myself to have another go at growing them next year. Tried many years ago but once the bulbs were planted I never saw them again!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20170418_072649.jpg
IMG_20170418_065417.jpg

Lovely day to walk barely.

Attachments

• IMG_20170418_065656.jpg
    IMG_20170418_065656.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 151
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's strange!! Logan your pics were above my post .....now they are below! Beautiful pics none the less.:).

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see you again! That's what I thought. Tulips are really worth growing. I think they like it hot as they come from Turkey.. Might be a good idea to plant them somewhere sunny and warm.. or even hot.. They really are lovely.., Daisy..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, they need a lot of drainage. Put grit inthe bottom of holes then put them on top.

Yes, that's what Monty said.. He said he would add grit and let the bulbs bake in the sun ..Of course, buried.. Mine come up every year.. even though they are in clay, but they are baked in the winter .. buried..

Ask a Question