Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Save a lot of money if you don't drink.. Good for your hubby .. Like @johnny canoe Can't take alcohol at all.. and was glad that ex didn't bring any up.. I must be a killjoy! Haha!

Can't wait to get out to see if my erynthium seedlings are still alive. Had 2 cannas plants out - only tiny - and the slugs made sure they are even tinier! :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly babe isn't due for another week or so, but because of medical issues he needs to say hello now.
My first labour was 37 hrs......not told her that Her mum only had 6 hours or less for hers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all:

@Tetters When son comes back again, I will pop down to a farm down the road to see if they use mushroom. I am sure they do beans.. I will investigate.. I will also ask about in the golf course at the back .. They used to have a whole pile of cuttings.. when they felled their trees.. Or even in the park up the top.. Every little helps. I did use shredded newspaper as mulch as autumn.. I will collect as much as possible and shred tons of it.. Using metered water is such scary.. Must say mulch is better than water as when it disintegrates, as Verdun points out, it helps the soil structure as well as I have clay ... Thank you to you both for the very useful suggestions..

Is it too late to seed petunias, anyone?
I just found Woodlands Mushroom Farm, Upminster Essex. RM14 1TH phone 01277 217624

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hi Upsy,
I CAN take Whiskey on the rocks or a Vodka and water, just not my neighbours home made wine, makes my face turn beet red. But growing up with a Baptist preacher for a dad, well going without the stuff is normal and my party days are long behind me. But back in the day I was a riot, I was a scream to have at a party. lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Exciting times!

I can't quite believe it folks, we had rain last night! :eek: I'd forgotten what wet grass seeping through & making trainers soggy whilst dog walking felt like

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello Tetters,
That's correct, those are the Downy Woodpecker, the male being the flashy one with the red feathers on it's head.
Do you have Red Winged Blackbirds? I had one come for seeds yesterday which is a first.
You must meet my favourite Alberta bird. The little Burrowing Owl.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep Mark, we had a fair splattering in Kent too - lovely! Watch out for a frost for the rest of the week though.
Snap johnny, also brought up ''proper'' for all the good it did :rolleyes: Baptist/Evangelical/ Happy Clappy ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hi Tetters,
More Baptist fundamentalist, no clappy, no dancing, no playing cards, no drinking, no smoking, no cussing, no sex before marriage. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a misery. lol And dad really mellowed as he aged.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wee hee Daisy - congratulations - get busy now with the camera and knitting needles (y)

Johnny, it was no misery for me either - in fact probably the happier time of my life (and a bit clappy)
The burrowing owls are hilarious. They remind me of the trapdoor spiders I encountered when I lived in the bush in OZ. No we don`t see the red wing blackbird here - our Redwing is a small thrush, brown with a spotty breast. Quite a lot of our birds actually come into the category LBJ (little brown jobs)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Tetters , I've already been sent a photo....sooooo cute :D
I've also done the knitting!:D:D:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much, @Tetters .. Will phone up tomorrow to find out the prices.. Upminster was where my son went to school..

So much happening within 3 hours. Congratulations @Upsy Daisy .. What a lovely name Elliott .. May he have a happy life ahead of him.. Make sure you introduced him to gardening..

@johnny canoe The video is brilliant. I used 2 x speed. Shocking that there were 4 chicks and only one gets fed.. They way they turn their heads 360 degrees is spooky.. We used to go Baptist church. My mum asked me if I wanted to be confirmed and I said no. I wonder if I would say no if I got to wear mini wedding dress and satin shoes for confirmation if I were a Catholic .. It's like a serious form of bribe.. If you confirmed, you would be dressed as if you were going to your wedding, albeit at the age of 6 or 9 ..

Very happy for for Mark56 and Tetters - RAIN ! I have had nothing but :cry::cry::cry:!

Ask a Question