Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hi Alp,
I've never heard of confirmation in the Baptist church, but there are all kinds of Baptist churches.
You put 6 of us in a room and ask a theological question and you will get 10 different answers.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the knowledge.. @MaryMary I'm pretty sure @MaryMary must have been a teacher of some sort.. Well, ever since she came into my life, she has been teaching me... Good one! Cheers, @MaryMary .. :p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:;)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe That is why religions could be the source of all sorts of strife .. Are you religious, johnny? I like to challenge, to question, too naughty to be religious ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hi Alp,
Religious? Well since this a gardening forum I'll just say that I love Jesus and my parents for teaching me about Him.
Like I said a few times my crazy wild days are behind me. I love quiet, I love it a lot. Well, except for my piano and radio.lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What grade are you with your piano....? Wow, @johnny canoe plays the piano.. Can you upload some for us to enjoy please? My son is still garde 8.. Wanted him to do a further grade, but it is so expensive and so tough, he keeps postponing it. £350 for an exam,, and would probably have to pay for a page turner .. No wonder people prefer to do Trinity ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Alp,
I've never heard of confirmation in the Baptist church, but there are all kinds of Baptist churches.
You put 6 of us in a room and ask a theological question and you will get 10 different answers.

So cute.. ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to sit down after a dusty afternoon. Had to clear the wild wild west (the back of my garden).. I had covered most of the soil with whatever I could get hold of because of the bind weed.. They are more or less under control.. I need more land and don't want to open up the clay lawn, so had been having a fight with brambles, bind weeds and the foul smelling coriander like weed.. Tomorrow will be a day with the fork because of the brambles and the stinging nettles.. Not looking forward to it. Incidentally, Daisy was right.. Cold snap, so I used some trays to cover the tender cosmos seedlings.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary When you told me about the trick of control +, I was so new.. I really didn't know what I was doing.. Thank you once again for the lovely pointers.. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh alp, what a busy day you've had !!
Yes have got everything fleeced up in the greenhouse tonight.(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Daisy: You're so well prepared. I couldn't find my fleece that there might be some casualties tomorrow morning. It's been a bad year for me. Still no courgette seedlings.. What's wrong with me??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hi Alp, no grade, I learned to read music when I took guitar lessons and so I just sat down at mom's piano music and taught myself. And now mom's piano is my piano. So I read music and play by ear. Blues and boogie woogie is what pumps me up. And I don't play for people much, I use to when I took care of mom. But one day one of my sisters walked up to my house and I happened to be playing at the time. I answered the door and she told me she liked my playing, she said it sounded like an old church lady playing. Well that was about it for any idea of letting her hear me again. That was a decade ago but it stuck to me like glue.lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Haha! Johnny, you're so funny. Your sister was a bit cruel! ;) Blues and boogie are certainly not for me.. I love classical music. I studied music theory like grammar and was sent into deep slumber whilst studying it. You could easily learn to play following youtube.. I passed grade 2 and a few marks to a pass for grade 3.. If you like the piano, you could easily teach yourself. You could be pitch perfect.. Well, if you like blues and boogie woogie, your sister would say that, wouldn't she.. I think those genres are for old people like my late in laws .. I had headache when they played that kind of music... You're too young for that kind of music.. :D

Ask a Question