Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC thanks, I know you're in your element with your projects. Got my last physio this afternoon. I've done well, but the stiffness is still there, but slowly getting better.
forgive my ignorance but what is the physio for again @Logan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Here be the wallpaper chosen by the "War Department" for the feature wall in the bedroom....Cough! :)

233034552.jpg

Hopefully it will work out....Its pretty expensive,,so there is no way I'll be let loose with the pasting brush on this one :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning folks :)
Another warm...prob hot...day to come. Back from the beach....some hints of autumn perhaps but still feels like mid summer (y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC that's ok. The physio is for my knee. Not looking where i was going and fell over a concrete bollard. Fractured my knee.Yes thanks, the roses are lovely. But they do get black spot this time of year. But i don't spray. I'm not very keen on floral wallpaper. I'd go with all the walls the same. Wallpaper that i could paint over. Have one wall with a print and it makes the wall come at you. Without the paper it will look better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC that's ok. The physio is for my knee. Not looking where i was going and fell over a concrete bollard. Fractured my knee.Yes thanks, the roses are lovely. But they do get black spot this time of year. But i don't spray. I'm not very keen on floral wallpaper. I'd go with all the walls the same. Wallpaper that i could paint over. Have one wall with a print and it makes the wall come at you. Without the paper it will look better.
Hahaha it has already been decided and signed off by er indoors lol ..so the wall will be comming at me :whistle: in the not to distant future, my brief is to get the furniture sorted...the powers that be have spoken....Sorry to hear of your knee hopefully it will come back to full mobility shortly...just take it easy (speaking from experience..I managed to tear my ankle from the leg...long recovery painful and mental journey) anyway mustn't complain..take care ..Regards C

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC Oh well, you have to go with her indoors.:ROFLMAO:
Yes i remember your ankle, glad that it's better.:)
Thanks about my knee, walking is the best thing for me. But it's coming down the stairs properly that will take a long time. I have to come down one at a time.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
er indoors is very lucky, @BigC !

Went to Waddesdon Manor in Aylesbury. Bergerac had an episode here, fooling people that it was in France. My photo and the weather could not do the place justice. There might be repeats as i was using 2 cameras

The chateau itself:

IMGA0009.JPG

IMGA0011.JPG
IMGA0012.JPG

You can see the exotic planting palm and the guide said that Frank Ferdinand liked to show off his plants which were planted in the greenhouse. Before visitors turned up, plants were transported to the garden and planted as if they had grown there - cheating really - cannas or bananas, palms, Bishop of Llandaff, and loads of exotic plants. After the visitors' departure, they would be moved back to the greenhouse.

Here is the entrance statuses and fountains
IMGA0017.JPG

The grounds are full of statues and the parterre was exquisite. This year''s pattern is supposed to be a gloriosa named after Rothschild, but I must say it was very difficult to see the pattern close up. But you know some gardeners had had a hell of a few days trimming the carpet like parterre.

IMGA0010.JPG

The begonias have the shiniest of leaves as if they had been oiled.

The centre piece is the fountain. Shame one of the horses refused to squirt out water. Behind the fountain is the Gloriosa ..
IMGA0014.JPG

IMGA0015.JPG

This is a pheasant and the squash was donated by Kate Marlow the pottery thrower (might have got the name wrong) The squash cracked during the firing process and hence has been donated to the Manor.

The house itself is filled with objets d'art - exquisite Serves porcelain art works. Silver and automaton music instrument. The elephant is articulated and it can move it tail, truck, ear, eye and I would advice anyone who can go to Waddesdon Manor go there.. It is simply out of this world.
IMGA0016.JPG

Attachments

• IMGA0005.JPG
    IMGA0005.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMGA0006.JPG
    IMGA0006.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMGA0013.JPG
    IMGA0013.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 140

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you could go there with your hubby! Even my son loves it. I just drooled over all the exquisite French furniture. jewellery and all the clever articulated art works. One writing desk belonged to a French emperor who was guillotined. :eek:

Ask a Question