Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. I have seen it before and wondered what it meant!

Oh, for once, the sun is out and it's so sunny. Storm with you, @BigC How depressing or drat living in Ireland .. Come to England, a plot of land in Yorkshire would be nice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_3025.JPG
Hello from a very warm and sunny Cornwall :)
Thought I would post a picture of Miscanthus Cabaret. Not sure photo does it justice but broader than other miscanthus reaching 7' tall plus with flowers in a couple of weeks

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! @Verdun It's simply amazing. What is that blue beauty in the front, an agastache? I can see Salvia amistad, canna and at least 2 heleniums .. Very pretty .. Not big on grass before, but now I think they are very pretty. Got some carex like seeds and bought a panicum virgatum heavy metal.. I have bought about 4 different grass seeds and bought 3 or more grass plants .. Two years ago, I wouldn't give them another look, apart from bamboos.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alp, The blue is a delphinium...Clivedon Beauty. Prob the best all round delphinium I think :) A medium size plant flowering all summer. Shame I cut it out of the picture.
Grasses like miscanthus are well worth growing esp as they flower throughout autumn even up to xmas and provide structure all winter :) May not look like it but it is already over 6'
What canna is that zenj? Have a few cannas here but would like that one too (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Verdun I googled and I must say my eyes need being examined. Lovely colour and I like delphinium but I must say those I saw in Dobbies in Kent were a bit strange.

@zenji Such beautiful canna and dahlia. I think I should have something similar to your 2nd one with split end petals.. Very beautiful. You showed one here before, but for some reason, it must be sulking somewhere. I have tons of buds for my dahlias and I think I have hit the jackpot with some of them, about red and pink speckled one has about 20 buds on one plant. :eek:

By the way, all my cannas are raised from seeds and I'm not sure if they will flower this year.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Been watering my helleborus on my dry part of the garden
IMGA0010.JPG

I chopped the whole stem of flowers off .. :cry:

My fragrant roses, a cutting from a park

IMGA0006.JPG
IMGA0007.JPG

Incredible sweet fragrance

Dahlia
IMGA0009.JPG

Next year, I will make sure I have tons of salvias Hotlip, black and blue, Royal Rumble, amistad, Greggii purple, Greggii violin note (hopefully), La luna, and some blue ones.. Please, please, please grow and live for me! Please!
IMGA0001.JPG
IMGA0002.JPG
This is Black and Blue (umm black is a bit elusive!)
Salvia amistad
IMGA0008.JPG

A speckled dahlia which has 20 or more buds
IMGA0011.JPG

My ghostly cactus flower
IMGA0003.JPG
IMGA0005.JPG

Happy snapping!

Ask a Question