Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow!! I have no idea of all these genres of music @johnny canoe .. Church music is always uplifting and can really make you feel close to heavens .. For me, classical .. @Logan I'm not allowed to sing or even hum by my son as I'm pitch-deaf as well. LOL!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all. I don't like jazz and punk, but everything else. My favourite is the Carpenters.
And i can sing.
My CD collection is, Carpenters,George Michael, Moody blues, Queen,Fox, Beatles,Pink Floyd, Blondie but not the early stuff, Simply Red, Olivia Newton John,I like country, dolly parton, Tammy winnet. A lot more.
That's in order of what i like most.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I always sing when he's not around .. it's cathartic and mood-lifting .. Shame I'm not musical .. I understand the western music theories but can progress after grade 5..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The morning was so hot and so fine that I thought the weather was going to be good, so we dropped everything and went to visit our friends in Bedfordshire.

IMGA0010.JPG
IMGA0052.JPG
IMGA0003.JPG

The animals were lovely, but the weather was poor - overcast and at one point a bit of a spit and then nearly 2pm, the weather hotted up a bit, but interspersed with cool spells.

Will get some videos up to show @Grey Parrot what a good time we had at Whipsnade Zoo.. Fantastic place.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
There was one with a neon blue inner wings, but I could only capture a blue blur .. LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all! A very grey day and another without enough heat for my plants.

@Logan videos in my panny camcorder with loads of uninteresting gaps ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @Logan...loving the animals and butterfly images @alp
Grey here this morning as per usual some devastation after Tuesday nights storm but we got through it unscathed except for the deluge of rain which flooded the garden for a time...Anyway I have been given my orders to tackle the decorating in the guest room this weekend...I have ordered the swatches for the wall covering (feature wall) and will be working a bit of magic on the existing furniture its pine stained with knob handles at the minute...I'm planning to leave the pine top but may sand back to natural.....seal the rest before painting (grey) then replace the handles with the old office style pull handles (aged antique if I can get some) Hopefully I can create something acceptable. :)

dd92191b1f3e183485b74eb51a56ea51--dresser-drawer-pulls-drawer-handles.jpg

118954320.jpg

Off to work again "DRAT"
Have a great day folks...Happy Gardening
Regards
C

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC Can't wait to see your finished artwork .. What does it mean by DRAT? Please don't laugh .. I'm not familiar with the lingo ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Drat
a fairly mild expression of anger or annoyance. :)

Ask a Question