Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hubby doesn't go anywhere. If we didn't have the dogs, probably would. But i don't mind, I've got the garden.

That's a shame. Son and I love going out. Now that university days are over, we try to squeeze in as many places as we can in the summer. We were thinking of going to RHS Wisley, but by the time we finished Waddesdon, it was nearly 3 pm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
WOW thanks GW...
Phillyrea latifolia - for cloud pruning...Japanese style....time to do a little homework :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan If they ask me to go on an exercise bike, there is really no point of me going. I need to book an appointment with the physio as well..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan.....roller might help to loosen things up...I thought it was a gimmick when I went to Physio but it does work
Pro-Fit-3in1-Roller.gif

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You've got a lovely border, @Logan Mine has short plants at the back, loads of horrible weeds which are networking experts..:eek:

Should have done it a la Adam Frost. Write down all the heights and colour and leave some stepping stones in between. Now, I can't really walk anywhere.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Niwaki, @BigC probably mean the art of gardening. Niwa is garden in Japanese. Ki could be technique. You've been doing all that in your garden all the times.

Some more photos from my samsung
You can vaguely see the carpet planting of gloriosa in the foreground.
Notice the topiary in between the house and the fountain and the lovely latticing on the building ..
SAM_0034.JPG

You would think you're in France.
SAM_0033.JPG

SAM_0036.JPG
SAM_0035.JPG

Hope @DeborahJane can get some idea of making a parterre from Waddesdon.. Hard work:eek::D, DeborahJane, you've been warned!
SAM_0038.JPG

SAM_0037.JPG

SAM_0032.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp thanks. I never used to put any pot marigolds in, until a few years ago. But it really looks good when we walk down the road towards it. It puts a Shame on the garden opposite.:ROFLMAO::D

marigolds are striking and they are so reliable..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Niwaki, @BigC probably mean the art of gardening. Niwa is garden in Japanese. Ki could be technique. You've been doing all that in your garden all the times.
You are so knowledgeable @alp ...I was just flicking through a few vids and that came up.....going to the DIY store today for some paint so I may eye a few trees with nice branch structure (not to buy I might add as I have to get this decor finished first) but for some ideas

Most importantly..Good Morning all..I smell bacon.....at least the war dept is going to provide me with a good hearty B'fast before we head out to buy paint and supplies.
I have one drawer carcass primed and ready to accept its first top coat this afternoon so we should make a difference..then apply a secondary coat and maybe a matt acrylic varnish before finishing with the antique brass cup handles.....not much luck in the garden today..I wanted to get the grass cut but its really really wet...I have just deadheaded the marigolds and I see the Roses are begining to bloom again..The Nasturtiums are also comming into flower, but everywhere wont need watering for a while :) I expect the New Zealand Tree Fern is loving this...So much Crocosemia out this year, would love some but I'm not paying £10 for a small plant.

Last edited:

Ask a Question