Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey alp, that your home? :) Impressive (y)
Morning folks.....another scorcher today! Yippee (y)
BigC, bacon!!! Nothing more mouth watering than the smell of bacon. However, my 'elthy blueberry and banana porridge brekkie will do me :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
If I was going down the porridge route @Verdun (on which I was reared (scottish grandparent connection) :) which has now graduated to include Honey and a small tablespoon of Bushmills Irish Whisky.....
P.S. Jealous of your golden globe thing in the sky

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC You do know how to embarrass me! :eek:

I love bacon, especially the fried crispy edges ..

Crocosmia is very cheap on the mainland. £1 for a pot or you can ask people for some wandering excess. I have now a yellow one. Very pleased with it.

I think I need to have some banana porridge .. but we make bread every day. Bung the flour in with lynseeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, raisins and we have it every day ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whisky?! Did anyone say? I'd love cognac though .. 9.34 in the morning. What are we like?!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC You do know how to embarrass me!
No way....I rely on you peeps for education and tips..I'm always learning new ideas etc and I'm never too old to listen..hope I didn't come across as patronizing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Crocosmia is very cheap on the mainland. £1 for a pot or you can ask people for some wandering excess. I have now a yellow one. Very pleased with it.
That is why I hate this place so much when wanting to purchase things....even on the Bay of Fleas the P&P sometimes negates a sale

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Joking apart. Got the son to buy 6 bottles of tomorite for £1 each.. Very pleased. Going to get a wormery for free on Monday and some woodchips for free on Monday too.

Are you in north or southern Ireland,@BigC ? The postage is the same for northern Ireland. You've got to go to bootsales .. I sold my plants for £1.50 each and this woman bought 4 and asked for a good price. She ended up paying £5.. That's why I can't run a business. LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
On the aspect of Crocosmia I would like an orangy red variant almost red but not quite any ideas of a nice variant to choose

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Here, people hate them as they take over, literally. I have only got Lucifer and one bought from RHS for £3.33 for a yellow one. I actually scarified the lawn this morning and mow the front lawn. Need to pot up loads of hellebores. So might be off after googling on compost.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Joking apart. Got the son to buy 6 bottles of tomorite for £1 each.. Very pleased. Going to get a wormery for free on Monday and some woodchips for free on Monday too.

Are you in north or southern Ireland,@BigC ? The postage is the same for northern Ireland. You've got to go to bootsales .. I sold my plants for £1.50 each and this woman bought 4 and asked for a good price. She ended up paying £5.. That's why I can't run a business. LOL!
You get some cracking deals @alp in your neck of the woods..:) fair play to you for digging these out...I live in the North but sometimes they add on if its not a mainland delivery according to postcodes...never really thought of bootsales actually maybe give that a try....I'm the same on the entrepreneurial front only piscine related :) but sometimes it gives me more pleasure to give a pair of fish away

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You get some cracking deals @alp in your neck of the woods..:) fair play to you for digging these out...I live in the North but sometimes they add on if its not a mainland delivery according to postcodes...never really thought of bootsales actually maybe give that a try....I'm the same on the entrepreneurial front only piscine related :) but sometimes it gives me more pleasure to give a pair of fish away

I don't mind giving them away, but the stall cost me £12. As soon as you lower the price, you find out that these people send their kids to public schools!:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mind giving them away, but the stall cost me £12. As soon as you lower the price, you find out that these people send their kids to public schools!:eek:
Yeah that sounds about right @alp...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Trimmed some of the cistus and watered the shaded area in my garden. Had a look at my sweetcorns at the back and found something like sweetcorn, but could be millets. Sweetcorns too tiny to be useful. Wrong location. Sprayed some strepts. Sowed two trays of salad leaves and it's so humid that we both have declared defeat.

Ask a Question