Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:eek: Char!??? Well, someone has to pay for £5000 kimono? :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:eek: Char!??? Well, someone has to pay for £5000 kimono? :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Well tbh I haven't really seen an overly beautiful one yet from all the imagery and I sure as hell wouldn't want to stare at her Kimono all night given the price of the tea hahahaha....I like natural beauty...the kind that dont need a lot of war paint....and the pale face although stepped in mystery and tradition just doesn't do it for me.....so I'll stick with
"Tamiko" 多美子 (I've even named her) "Child of many Beauties" :) stoney faced as she may be...I might Pyrograph her name on the front posts or head timber of the pergola......just a thought lol

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What a lovely name and lovely idea ... You're indeed a man of many talents..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC pergola over the pond? I can't visualize it. Do you mean at the back, over the pond,or in the middle over the pond.
From the back to half way...its only a small pool really but want to make it as effective as possible without blocking out too much sunlight...so I will have to miniturise a lot of the planting and maybe remove some that dont fit in with what I wish to achieve..I want a kind of shrine like structure for the statue but something that dont look out of place...as I say I have the plans all in my head so I will keep them shrouded in mystery for now until it pops out and into the real world...hopefully over the weekend hahahaha..I'm afraid you'll just have to wait @Logan....I myself can visualize it.....but it needs pass through the vortex and materialize :ROFLMAO:.. I will try my best...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Shes a Yorkshire Lass so with the new front step and a few sheep around maybe the mock Dales diorama will make her feel like James Herriot is just a few fields away :)

Just one thing wrong they all look to the right...every one of them...I would have prefered a righty/lefty .my OCD is getting the better of me on this one
Maybe you could have them both looking at something BigC:oops:. What do sheep like looking at I wonder:rolleyes:?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @Logan et al overcast sky with a bit of wind. Not that warm. My peaches can't really ripen because of the lack of heat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Top of the Morning to you both @alp and @Logan..:)
Bit dull today weather-wise but its still early..hopefully the rain stays off for the weekend whilst I fit the new front step and build the pergola....Too much to do and so little time....my day job is becomming a distraction hahahaha...Have a great day ya'll.....

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @BigC I saw in gumtree a toybox, much bigger than yours, used and asking for £40 USED. You should seriously think about your passion as a money-making means to free you from the day job! The seller said she paid £140 when new. It's double the size of yours, but with no name or 3D name.

@Logan you're so nice .. Thank you. I wish I had done the grouting. Now I've found out why my son is so slow - he's over-thinking about everything. I would rush him and he would say he's hurry up 100% and then he would sit and think, look, meditate, risk-assess .. But still, at least, it's finished and we have a clear area to move around and I hope I can move things to where they should be and be civilised a bit. My kitchen is full of flowering and half-dead strepto.. I have never had such fussy plants. The only way I can enjoy them is to open the shoe box when they flower and then shut the lids. :eek::eek::D

@DeborahJane Sheep probably love looking at grass; for me, probably bacon with crispy edges, moist spicy peri peri chicken, yummy juicy beef steak, saignant or a point , oyster with hot chilli sauce and pepper and a dash of sea water ... Oh,dear! I'm hungry!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @BigC I saw in gumtree a toybox, much bigger than yours, used and asking for £40 USED. You should seriously think about your passion as a money-making means to free you from the day job! The seller said she paid £140 when new. It's double the size of yours, but with no name or 3D name.
LOL I have no shortage of orders @alp again its finding the time £130 for the high back seat and £90 for the lower one without the back just a cushioned top....I'm also doing a Pirates chest circa £80 I would imagine.. Plus my son is looking me to build a "Ship themed" single bed base for the grandkid (should be fun)..no time for myself lately hahaha...I need inward investment such as a spray gun and a pillar drill to cut build times so any money I make will have to go straight back in lol....cottage industry :) I also have an inkling to build traditional Dolls Houses...Phew!
But building things in the garden has always been a passion

paintwin8.png

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Crumbs, why don't you live near me.. I just need a straight path ... :eek::LOL:!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Crumbs, why don't you live near me.. I just need a straight path ... :eek::LOL:!
I'm sure there are lots of folks just like me in your neck of the woods...just be careful..there a plenty of cowboys around that will lead you up it and over charge you for the privilege

Ask a Question