Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I always want to have the Iris sibirica, especially the blue ones with lovely markings. A pergola will go so nicely with Japanese theme. I have been watching the series MADE IN JAPAN.. There is a kind of implicit respect in Japanese art. I have watched the making of Samurai sword, but I don't like its association with Japanese torturing world war captives .. I love the episode about kimono making - a rare form of art which takes a long time to fruition. One year to make a kimono and it's a shame that it is in decline, like the sword.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The fruits of my labour are starting to show some promise
The "Beefsteak" tomatoes are absolutely massive....some eating in these....Sunday morning " Full Fry-Up" should be something else with just one on on the plate :)

Tomatoes1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Big Flash Storm going down at the moment...Torrential Rain, Wind Blowing, Thunder and Lighting...its all kickin off...no need for the Hose tonight.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I always want to have the Iris sibirica, especially the blue ones with lovely markings. A pergola will go so nicely with Japanese theme. I have been watching the series MADE IN JAPAN.. There is a kind of implicit respect in Japanese art. I have watched the making of Samurai sword, but I don't like its association with Japanese torturing world war captives .. I love the episode about kimono making - a rare form of art which takes a long time to fruition. One year to make a kimono and it's a shame that it is in decline, like the sword.
I watch it too....I like the culture its so fascinating

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I had some of my tomato plants in my tomatoes greenhouse of which I bought 5 as they were £1 each. As the lean-to has to be tiled, the plastic covers are now in the loft and the frames are in the workshop. Now suddenly, it has gone cold and my tomatoes are shivering in the garden. English weather is just so unpredictable.

So the neon blob which I miss so much is with you.. Shame, I love it and you're probably like @Zenj fed up with it.

Japanese culture is forever shrouded in mystery - there is a bit of myth, a bit of nature and a not pf restraint and fastidiousness. I look forward to watching the pottery episode. Glad that you enjoy it as well.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched in the dark. On a new story of 2 episodes. To do with gangs.
Watched in the factory, about pasta, when they make it, they don't put eggs in it, just water.
Watched location location location, hubby fell asleep, had to go back to it a bit later.
When we had our dinner,i tried to watch escape to the country. Missed half of it, should have watched it a bit later.
@BigC lovely tomatoes.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watching E3 now - in he dark and just when the killer saw Snap bust-open head.. I forgot to watch in the factory, must download it.

Enjoying a bit of Watchdog. Wanted to laugh when that Richard of Faster Response said that it's the people in the office who gave you the quote, not me! But still, he joined in the daylight robbery .. To charge such an old lady of £600 for a job which should have been £100 is pure scum.. and he was their front man..

The common denominator of all the greedy scum is that they drive posh and expensive cars .. materialism corrupts ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @Logan and all the early birds....I bought all the wood last night for the Pergola project at the weekend...cant wait to get started on this simple construction....it will take me longer to tidy the pond area than to build it I expect...hope the weather stays fine....enjoy your day peeps.....

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all: overcast, dry and warmish - @BigC looking forward to seeing your pergola..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• SAM_0477.JPG
    SAM_0477.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 125

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
But the pink anemone is a beautiful thug .. I don't know where mine has gone. Love your marigold. It's GOLD!

Ask a Question