Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have no alerts or notifications again! I can't believe it.

Cute avatar .. Verdun ..

According to the weather report, you were supposed to be neon blue and electric green blob over your way. Now I have let go of 4 butts, there is not an inch to fill the butts now! :eek:

We are so lucky that with a click on the phone ,you can upload your fab jeans... LOL!

Everything is so slow in the garden, apart from the monstrous spaghetti squash which spread it testicles everywhere .. My Goldstrum is still in bud and NO flower! Echinops still a tiny dot. But my birdie canteen has been doing a roaring trade, with one fat ball totally gone and I only put it up yesterday evening. But it has attracted the wrong kind of customers, not nuthatch or tits, but sparrows and black birds..

@MaryMary How often do you go on a boat in the summer? That is a beautiful photo of the water and the sunset.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp I noticed that if i don't post anything,i won't get any alerts. Jeans look good don't they? The cotton thread kept breaking. I couldn't see the hole in the needle. If i put fat balls out,it attracts the starlings. But there's not so many, which is good for me. I put a lot of bird seed and porridge oats out, but the black birds aren't interested. They want my fruit.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan you've some DISCERNING CONNOISSEURS there! :eek::D

I don't mind their having a feast, but the squabbles reminded me of @johnny canoe 's comment on Mr and Mrs Woodpecker's marital discord! It's so noisy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
Sun as just come out here in the NE after rain rain and rain ,Don't usually bother with growing veg but put a couple of potatoes tubers in a large pot and not bad for first go

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, dear! Dirty thoughts of mine! I knew there was something naughty when I saw the "i" letter in the word, but was too lazy to look further as I was applying for something. :LOL::LOL: .. so embarrassing! Much worse than @Logan 's worm!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank heavens the gentlemen are more interested in tatties!

@Zenj What a lovely harvest. I so wanted to try Kestrels, but they were shrivelled and old and yet BQ still wanted £1.25, so I just didn't bother. Also, for 38p I could always get 1.5kg of potatoes .. Another reason not to bother. When I had a delicious meal of potatoes, I did put some in the ground and then when I ran out of room for flowers, I dragged them up before they flowered...

Having said that the Sugardrop tomatoes I just cooked with my mussels were so sweet .. I hope I can have a good harvest. Feel so sorry for you, @Zenj raining all the times. Just looking at the amount of rain up north could make me cry.. How do people cope with such a relentless bombardment?

It's been more than 20 years since I have had poppadom, but they are sooooooooooooooo salty. No wonder the Borough of Newham enjoy free cookery courses in which they are told not to mention the word s a l t !

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have no alerts or notifications again! I can't believe it.

@alp, start a thread in the "Feedback and Comments" forum, and explain the problem. They can't fix it if they don't know there's a problem!! (y) I suppose you could always just click the "New Posts" link up by your user name, and that will show you all the threads with new posts since you last visited.

@MaryMary How often do you go on a boat in the summer? That is a beautiful photo of the water and the sunset.

:) Thank you! I go on a boat when I visit my sister up at the lake. Getting time off work is rough sometimes, but I usually get at least 3-4 days off. When I'm there, we go on the boat every day! I love being on a boat. :love:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the advice. I will watch the situation and see if it improves. Do you have notifications all the times?

Bliss! Go on a boat every day! Can't remember when the last time I was on a boat!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
  1. alp replied to the thread Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics. There may be more posts after this.
    Today at 1:43 PM
  2. Verdun replied to the thread Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics. There may be more posts after this.
    Today at 7:10 AM

I had one alert when I got home from work, that was that Verdun had posted to this thread. I was already on this thread when you replied at 1:43, so I got another notice about it. But you "mentioned" me at 9:29, and I did not get an alert about that. :confused:

alp, Today at 9:29 AM

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Confused??!! You bet! I had no email notification around lunch time and by the time I looked @Logan's jeans were staring at me and there were about 3 new postings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely present which will last for years and years.. Soon, you can start your various lines of businesses - toybox making, bathroom ipad stand, greenhouse and chiliies ..LOL!
I have to make my PERGOLA first @alp lol....Pond area needs a little tidy up....thinking of ditching the Iris as its to invasive for such a small pond....maybe go with a smaller variant.

Ask a Question