Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC Your amazing, you should retire and set up your own business.
I'm nowt special just an ordinary bloke knocking a few ideas together...there are some great projects out there that I aspire to emulate and improve upon if I can...its a past time...everyone needs a past time/interest...keeps the old grey matter from going stale :)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
This afternoon going to the hospital gym at 3.15pm, for half an hour. Hubby do the walks at 1.45pm, they can have their dinner and we have ours when we come back. On a Friday we used to have chicken casserole, since i hurt my knee and hubby had to do the cooking,we have chips eggs and beans. Because we like that better.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC I know what you mean. I like to do a bit of dress making, friend said i should do it for other people and charge them. But no I've got to many other things to do.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning folks :)
Dry so far but a wet day to come :(
Weekend not far away.....hey! Another weekend next week too :p

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @Verdun The way we address each other sounds like that in Handmaid's tale.. May the Lord be open (what the 'eck does it mean?), Blessed be the fruit (???:eek::eek:).

There are some blue streaks in amongst the clouds, but generally not very bright.

@BigC You probably didn't know that a man living in the neighbourhood quoted me £700 for tiling my lean-to flour and I had to pay for adhesive on top. He only had to tile 12m squared.. Of course, I ignored him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, hope everyone is well.
Back home now for a few days, as sis is finally more stable .....never, ever want another week like this one...phew!!
As you know she came extremely close to dying last week ....and sadly she knew!! But this week she has done so well, everyone is amazed!! She finally left Intensive Care on Monday and yesterday was moved out of the High Dependency Unit......still a very long way to go but she ( and all of us) are positive she will get there. Older sis and I have been by her side , for a couple of days it was me and then my brother joined me.
Gosh the nursing staff are so brilliant not just in their caring but also their ICT knowledge .......the equipment used to support life is out of this world ( and looks very scary at first) . Its 11 yrs since mum was in ICU and boy how things have changed.
She is now fit enough for her friends to visit her so I have popped back home.....and strangely now that I am back I feel utterly exhausted !.......but very happy!!!

A belated Fab Friday to all

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh @Upsy Daisy so glad to hear that she is doing better!! It's strange isn't it, how exhausted you become after the crisis passes. It is spiritually and physically draining so be sure to take some time for yourself and recharge. Wonderful news that she is going to be ok and that you had such support from the staff and your family!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC You probably didn't know that a man living in the neighbourhood quoted me £700 for tiling my lean-to flour and I had to pay for adhesive on top. He only had to tile 12m squared.. Of course, I ignored him.
your kidding me, some people have a bare arsed cheek...sorry to swear but this infuriates me...making a living is one thing but ripping folks off is something else...:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Teddy bear sunflowers
SAM_0505.JPG
SAM_0506.JPG

Lovely double hibiscus

SAM_0515.JPG
SAM_0514.JPG

Zinnia
SAM_0511.JPG

A very velvety petunia - regal and sumptuous
SAM_0512.JPG

The sheen is just out of this world.

Dahlia 2nd year this one flowered.
SAM_0503.JPG

SAM_0517.JPG
SAM_0518.JPG

A beefsteak tomato - my first one - from seed.
SAM_0522.JPG

An interesting dahlia
SAM_0524.JPG

I can't believe it, I nearly forgot my Bishop - my very first one

SAM_0509.JPG

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC I couldn't believe it either. £700 plus and I have to supply adhesive and grout!:eek: We are not living in Chigwell.

@Upsy Daisy Nice to hear that your sis is on the mend.

Ask a Question