Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @Logan My ear is still weeping from my hair dye. Hope your doesn't bother you.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp no i don't have that problem with hair dye, thanks. Have you put anything on it? It was good at the gym, go back next Friday. Said i can do the walking, but not to go up steep hills and back down again. I understand now why i had to practice standing on one leg,then the other. I had to balance on a woble board and bounce a ball against the wall. I wasn't very good at it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I did put some Salvon cream, but it doesn't help. Now it's weeping badly. This gym, is it part of the physio for your leg recommended by your GP? Sounds very good. Hope you have a complete recovery soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp was it where you did the skin patch test ?
IF you consider it to be a mild reaction ( hard for me to judge without seeing it) then you could try applying some Aqueous cream, but if you think its bad then you should get some steriod cream from Dr or maybe ask the chemist,,,,,but don't leave it to chance ,get it looked at. As a hairdresser I have seen burns from home colourants..........but good on you doing the patch test, not many do.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Is there no end to your talents? A hairdresser as well! Thought your trade involves a lot upsydaisys .. to kids like me!

About 5 years ago, I had the same problem and it took several months for the problem to go away. I haven't used hair dyes for a long time because of the nasty reaction. But as it was my son's graduation and L'Oréal was reduced to half price, so I bought it. I didn't take a patch test. And now I have lumps and pus and swollen bits all round my scalp, and the ridge of my ear crusted from excessive weeping. The worst is that it was so itchy that I removed the crust. (oh, dear! It's not a gardening thread any more!) I think it will heal, but might take even longer.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp OH dear stop putting the cream on. Go to this website. Woundcaresociety.org. That's not a link. It might help. My GP didn't recommend it. It's all from the hospital. Thanks.

I did go to the website, but couldn't find anything relevant. I think I will do it within a shorter time frame eg. 15 minutes instead of 30 and look for henna instead.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp , please see your GP , don't leave it to chance. It sounds quite bad and should be medically assessed,

I was a hairdresser for many years and managed a salon , but since having our children I studied Childcare and Early Years Care and Education and must say I have enjoyed my second career more :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I do still do a bit of h/dressing so I know what I'm talking about.........book that Dr's appointment without delay please @alp ........OK?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all for the advice ..

Good morning - the ground is barely wet. The promised rain has been illusive. Hope the farmers in East Anglia have enough rain for their crops.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Some dahlias from yesterday
SAM_0530.JPG

And some very confused helleborus
SAM_0527.JPG
SAM_0525.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks :)
Yes quite normal for hellebores to flower in summer alp :).....I cut them off to encourage better flowering in their due time(y)
Damp morning now but I managed to pick lettuce, carrots, spring onions, tomatoes and runner beans when it was dry for my nephew when he calls later (y)

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, yum, yum.. Nothing better than grow, pick and enjoy your own. I will do that as one is being covered with 8 plus flowers. If I separate my helleborus, will they flower next year please?

Ask a Question